Windows 7 Can a certain hard drive size make a laptop shut down randomly?

RaenCamp

Good day, I would like to know if a certain hard drive size, say 1TB, affect a laptop by making it shut down and restart before the laptop even starts. The laptop does not restart in safe mode, only in normal mode. I recently got a new 1TB hard drive for my HP g60-519 laptop and I am wondering if the size is incompatible with my laptop. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm not certain of the maximum hard drive size for the g60-519 but think it is very unlikely to be greater than 500gb and may be less. Anything greater than that will cause the symptoms you describe so you are almost certainly correct in believing the drive to be incompatible.

Thank you for replying, but how can I resolve this issue?
I'm not certain of the maximum hard drive size for the g60-519 but think it is very unlikely to be greater than 500gb and may be less. Anything greater than that will cause the symptoms you describe so you are almost certainly correct in believing the drive to be incompatible.
Thank

It's a matter of what the computer itself can handle = based on the motherboard. You could look for a newer BIOS, supporting a bigger HDD. If you can find one, it's fine, but otherwise you are bound to a smaller HDD. All info I could find was with a 250Gb HDD.

Mainline manufacturers aren't that interested in providing options, they concentrate on selling "this one product".

Back
Top Bottom