Windows Vista Can I change a Vista Russian DVD to a Vista English DVD

chada

My friend just bought me a Windows Vista Ultimate DVD. Unfortunately the main language of the DVD is in Russian. The main setup also opens up in Russian. I found a file called lang.ini in the sources folder on the disk and I changed it from:

[Available UI Languages]
ru-RU=3

[Fallback Languages]
ru-RU=EN-US

to

[Available UI Languages]
en-US=3

[Fallback Languages]
ru-RU=EN-US

There is a folder called ru-RU on the disc but none called en-US. After changing this file and burning the disc afresh, the setup does launch in English but if I install the system will it install the system language as English or as Russian. Will vista have the english files already on the DVD and will install as English or will I have to send the DVD Back? I have a Vista Beta 2 disc which has an en-US folder in the sources folder. Can I use this in any way?

please help

My friend just bought me a Windows Vista Ultimate DVD. Unfortunately the main language of the DVD is in Russian. The main setup also opens up in Russian. I found a file called lang.ini in the sources folder on the disk and I changed it from:

[Available UI Languages]
ru-RU=3

[Fallback Languages]
ru-RU=EN-US

to

[Available UI Languages]
en-US=3

[Fallback Languages]
ru-RU=EN-US

There is a folder called ru-RU on the disc but none called en-US. After changing this file and burning the disc afresh, the setup does launch in English but if I install the system will it install the system language as English or as Russian. Will vista have the english files already on the DVD and will install as English or will I have to send the DVD Back? I have a Vista Beta 2 disc which has an en-US folder in the sources folder. Can I use this in any way?

please help
Hi!
Friend,
I also have the same problem.I bought a laptop from Russian.In the laptop, Windows vista Home Premium is built-in, but it is in Russian language.I don't how can I changes it from Russian to English. If you received an answer, please share me.
Regards,
[email protected]

Dear Friends,

I am a russian resident and have windows vista home premium.. I have heard that we can change the Interface language from Russian to English. If you find answers as i assume you'll to have a similar problems then please reply me on my email [email protected] It will be a great help... Thanks

if you upgrade to Ultimate you can get all the language packs off windowsupdate

Here is an answer from another board.

For the most part, each copy of Vista comes in one distinct language. (Exceptions, however, do exist, such as in India where there are multiple dominant languages.) If you wish to change the language you must download a Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI). Unfortunately such is only supported by Vista Enterprise and Vista Ultimate, so as a Home Premium user there is nothing you can really do unless you are willing to either upgrade to Ultimate or purchase an English copy.

Paul

Like everyone else in this thread stated. When a computer is already installed with Vista and its a difference language you either have to get the "Language Pack" or suck it up and buy a new one. What also you could do is send your copy of Vista and request microsoft a 64bit edition in English. I think its $20 or so to get it switched out. That is the only way that I can think of getting a different copy of Vista without much issue.

Hi!
Friend,
I also have the same problem.I bought a laptop from Russian.In the laptop, Windows vista Home Premium is built-in, but it is in Russian language.I don't know how can I changes it from Russian to English. If you received an answer, please share me.
Thanks,
Edwin raymundo

Back
Top Bottom