Windows 7 Can i run latest games on Windows 7?

peggyNolen

My Configuration---
graphic card-- nvidia 9400gt 512mb
RAM-- 4gb
processor-- Intel core 2 duo @ 2.00Ghz

I am currently using windows xp but i just want to switch to Windows 7..
but i want to know.. will games wrok smothly as they are running now in XP?
Shall i install Windows 7???

* 37 minutes ago

Hi PeggyNolen,
this site will give you an idea which games you can run on your set up: Can You Run It?

As whether gaming is as good on 7 as it is on xp? Well it depends on the game but everything I've run so far as been fine. Don't forget that with 7 you get Dx11 too. Ok it's in it's infancy (Dx11) but your 'end-user' experience will be greatly enriched using 7... (in my opinion of course :) )

So should you install it? If your machine is a few years old I highly recommend you run this app first: http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor

Last edited:
Hi Peg welcome, your setup looks good except your graphics card. You should have at least 1gb of ddr5 memory on a current card such as a ATI radeon 5000 series.

My Configuration---
graphic card-- nvidia 9400gt 512mb
RAM-- 4gb
processor-- Intel core 2 duo @ 2.00Ghz

I am currently using windows xp but i just want to switch to Windows 7..
but i want to know.. will games wrok smothly as they are running now in XP?
Shall i install Windows 7???

* 37 minutes ago

One of the biggest gaming advantages in 7 is DX11 support. There will be no problems at all running latest 3D games in Windows 7, performance (FPS) will be much the same as in XP. However, some rare old games like Myst 5 End of Ages won't run in 7 (even in compatibility mode).

Good read (includes gaming benchmark comparisons):

Windows 7 Review: XP vs Vista vs 7 in 80+ Benchmarks - Page 4 | Maximum PC

Hi

I'm running Lord of the Rings Online, (they just went free to play) and having a blast.
I'm running it in DX11 with all most everything turned on, even anti aliasing and I'm seeing frames rates as high as 250 fps with a low around 150.

I have also run, Age of Conan, Dragon Age, Tomb Raider Underworld, The Witcher, and WOW on my new Windows 7 64 bit computer.

These games also ran fine on my old 32 bit computer when I converted it from XP to Windows 7 32 bit.

Mike

Last edited:
Back