Windows 7 Can not boot from a CD nor a USB

William Motta

My computer is currently stuck on a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left hand corner. I tried rebooting from a bootable disk and from a bootable flash drive and neither one worked. My machine is an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-110f. I am running on the 64 bit version. Has anyone run into this problem before and if so, is there a solution I can try on my own or am I doomed to take it to a tech?

I have an Acer Aspire 5733-6607 and I have the same problem. I tried to use a system repair disc and the recovery disc and nothing would work it still went back to the black screen with the blinking cursor. I am lost about what else to do to fix it.

William Motta is probably out of the picture, considering the date of the post. But rere1984, it may be many things. I suppose you don't get any message? The problem may result from everything of malware to overheating. If you have had a functioning security system concerning viruses etc. I would guess at the heat part > clean your computer [gently] with a vacuum cleaner.

How did the problem start?

If you can get into the bios, what boot device options do you have?

A blinking cursor on the upper left normally means the system is not being directed to an OS install. Have you changed anything on your system? When you try to use the CDs to boot, are they bootable, and do you get the "Boot to CD/DVD" message?

Back
Top Bottom