Windows 7 Can not use Sharp LCD

jrue

Hello, I have already had my case closed by Microsoft, with no resolve. I upgraded to Windows 7 pro. from vista home premium. I have always used my duel monitor set up, one dell and one Sharp LCD screen. From Xp to Vista. Now that I have 7, it will not work no matter what. I have all the most recent updates and have check everything with Microsoft.

I have a dell Xps 420, Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS video card. 4 gigs of ram with a quad core processor.

please excuse any lack of info..
I just need help, I am a photographer and used both screens all the time to edit.

Windows Vista Home Premium is eligible for the upgrade of Windows 7 Home Premium, but not 7 Professional. This may be the cause of your problem.

Of course make sure to install latest drivers.

thanks, I formatted my drive completely before installing the new windows 7..
even the "high level, or research" techs had no idea what the problem is...

frustrating:mad:

Jrue, you do know that Vista Home Premium is eligible for the upgrade of 7 Home Premium but not 7 Professional, right ? Just curious, did your upgrade go smoothly, do other features work right ?

yes, thanks I do understand that....everything but the LCD screen is working properly, I am at my wits end...I have done everything that I know how to do and that Microsoft has told me to do with no resolve. I have contacted Sharp and Microsoft about this issue, my next move is to contact Dell or nvidia

i appreciate you trying to help.....

Back