Windows 7 Can those be fixed ?

microbious

Cannot "CTRL+V paste" into selected window if nothing is selected in that window.
But i have more
This is now i thought Windows 7 would be like.
Wonder if we could post a request to MS to get it this way or somewhat give us more working space and remove some of the annoying features from folder view.
I watched Windows 8 Video last night and noticed that Windows 8 is going to take even more working space away.
Its like we all having 100 inch HDTV's and have all of our icons largest size possible. No we dont. We have 100's of files in folders and we want to see most of them at onceas icons, not as details.

And as for click and drag files and folders. Win95/98/2000/XP didnt have that invisible ZONE around each file/folder, so everytime i copy file or folder into folder full of other folders, it usualy ends up being copied into one of those many folders by mistake because there is no space to copy it in between them

Last edited:
I cannot help with the Ctrl v problem. It works for me.
I cannot really emulate you picture, whatever settings I choose?? I have enclosed mine. Maybe closer to what you want?
The border padding can be changed. Right click the desktop and then "personalize".
Select "Windows Color" and the Advanced options. Scroll down to "Border padding". There you can wind down the size of the border.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I cannot help with the Ctrl v problem. It works for me.
I cannot really emulate you picture, whatever settings I choose?? I have enclosed mine. Maybe closer to what you want?
The border padding can be changed. Right click the desktop and then "personalize".
Select "Windows Color" and the Advanced options. Scroll down to "Border padding". There you can wind down the size of the border.
CTRL+V make sure you have nothing selected in window that u trying to paste to
Maybe you have 64bit ?Caz i know 64bit has less bugs but for me explorer freezing to much for no reason
You cant emulate it caz i had to tweak it out in pain shop. Border can be changed the way you said it, one problem "What does that have to do with (Windows Color) menu ?" But i guess this isnt the only bad place W7 had to put its stuff.

Let pane navigation doesnt need whole space to its self, instead it should be shared with file details which are shown at the button and just taking space. I mean does anyone looking at the buttom at all ? I never did somehow, its just to far away from eyes.
Folder's Minimize/Restore/Close buttons are way up. I remember W7 beta had Feedback link there.
Send Feedback REMOVED guys, remove the empty space it used please :( (just me yelling)

Make your XP look like Windows 7 (i see allot these days), but what moist of us really want is to make Windows 7 look like XP (agree or die :D)
So called windows classic scheme is a lie, just like Obama bin laden president (please dont shoot me :redface:)

Is there any custom theme pack or something that might help solve my issues with windows 7 ?
OS is great and i like it (i dont love it just so u know) but the folders/files layout is just stealing my working space so much and they say Windows 8 is going to take even more than that.

Last edited:
Ok i have a better idea
Look at 2 pictures and compare them.
Tell me which one would you want to be default windows 7 folders view ?
Original:
Modified:

Am sure we all want the modified one. But how do we let MS know that we want changes that can come in future Service packs ? Do they have like an Email or something ?

Back