Windows 7 Cannot get any DVD/CD to load Win7

rabjr1961

Hello friends,

I am going absolutely crazy. I buy parts and build my own comps. Always have. Everything went smooth until I looked into Cmos and saw it would not allow me to change the boot configuration. I then noticed no lights or doors worked on my DVD/CD's, making it impossible to load Win 7. I have tried 3 different ribbons, CS, MASTER, SLAVE, nothing works. I unplug the ribbion and left the power to them and the lights come on, they want to work but I can not use them without the ribbon plugged in. This is Windows 7, 64 bit

My system I am building,

Cool Master CM 690 Case
Intel Core i5-750 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1156 CPU
ASUS P7P55D Pro Intel P55 Socket LGA1156
Corsair 4GB DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz (2x2GB) Class 9
WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA HD 10K/16MB/SATA-3
ULTRA X4 1050W POWER SUPPLY MODULAR
EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 896MB X2 but only one installed atm
Asus Quiet Track and Compact Disk I'm been trying to install Win 7 in with no luck.

Please help!

Hello friends,

I am going absolutely crazy. I buy parts and build my own comps. Always have. Everything went smooth until I looked into Cmos and saw it would not allow me to change the boot configuration. I then noticed no lights or doors worked on my DVD/CD's, making it impossible to load Win 7. I have tried 3 different ribbons, CS, MASTER, SLAVE, nothing works. I unplug the ribbion and left the power to them and the lights come on, they want to work but I can not use them without the ribbon plugged in. This is Windows 7, 64 bit

My system I am building,

Cool Master CM 690 Case
Intel Core i5-750 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1156 CPU
ASUS P7P55D Pro Intel P55 Socket LGA1156
Corsair 4GB DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz (2x2GB) Class 9
WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA HD 10K/16MB/SATA-3
ULTRA X4 1050W POWER SUPPLY MODULAR
EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 896MB X2 but only one installed atm
Asus Quiet Track and Compact Disk I'm been trying to install Win 7 in with no luck.

Please help!
I would definitely try to upgrade your BIOS. The problem is either your MOBO or your BIOS. BTW, I assume you have tried another ribbon cable.... sometimes shorts can cause weird things.

If the DVD is PATA, is there anything in the bios to turn it on? Check for bent pins.

If nothing else, disconnect your devices and motherboard connections so you can start over.

Back