Windows 7 Cannot override "permission required" to copy/paste DLL file (user account set to "never notify me")

InjunJoe

Hello,

For days now, I've been looking to solve an issue I'm having regarding the permission settings. It's driving me bonkers ! For whatever reason I simply cannot move a specific dll file, I then get the following message : "you require permissions from Everyone to make changes to this file" ==> it says "make changes" although all I want to do is copy and paste the dll file elsewhere...

So far, I've tried running the takeownership program, I've ran Registry Booster (who knows?), of course my user account settings are on "never notify me" AND YET I just can't copy/paste this dll file.

I've got all the latest Win7 (64-bit) updates, AVG 9 AV+firewall (which I even turned off), I'm running an AMD Phenom II x4 3.00 Ghz, 4,00 GB RAM...and that's about it I guess.

I've googled this issue to death but haven't found any practical solutions. Can anyone please help?

Go to the folder you want highlight it go to properties select security go to edit then add and enter the name everyone form there you can give everyone the permissions desired
hope this helps

Go to the folder you want highlight it go to properties select security go to edit then add and enter the name everyone form there you can give everyone the permissions desired
hope this helps

I'd like to do that, the thing is though, when I right click=>properties=>there's only 3 tabs: General|Sharing|Customize => no Security tab :confused:

I do not know if it matters or not but try pasting it on your desktop. If it does not paste there it maybe because it is an ISO problem

I do not know if it matters or not but try pasting it on your desktop. If it does not paste there it maybe because it is an ISO problem

This is precisely what I've been trying to do and the reason I created this thread hence I cannot copy/Paste the dll file to desktop.

I also encounter this problem with certain other dll files but NOT from iso files...

It's getting to a point where it's ridiculous that I can't decide what I'd like to do with my own computer although the user account is on "never notify" and yet win 7 STILL interferes when not asked to, I'd like it to stop ! I'd like to claim back full control.

So what am I supposed to do ? This is SO irritating.

Ok, I just downloaded the dll file (so it isn't from an ISO).

It's still the exact same problem...says need permission for administrator (me!) => I checked security is on FULL CONTROL and it still keeps annoying me !

I mean WTF am I supposed to do, I'm going nuts over here.

Were you looking for the Security Tab under the DLL file? If so that is not what you change it is not there look for it under the folder the file is in see example of Image also note un-check the read only if checked as shown in example image
2ep65tu.jpg

The security tab I was speaking about is for the folder the file is in.

Yes I did click on the folder containing the dll file. But it's still the same story : need permission from myself (basically).
I also unchecked read-only to no avail.
It says "name of the account" needs to give permission eventhough that account effectively has full control !!

I hope someone can help you, I know you said you tried taking ownership of the file which one the one from the ISO? or the one in the folder you want to paste it to? if it is the ISO one you cannot most likely do thsat but if it is the one in that you want to replace try it again. The only other thing I can say is create an another USER with Administrative permissions and try everything you have tried under the new account you created.

If none of these work it will be beyond my limited expertise.

Ive got an idea. so you say the .dll is in an iso then im presuming you are using power iso or equivalent. try to extract the dll from the iso directly into the place you want it and that should work. good luck.

Hi.

Not sure if this thread is [Solved], but I found out the solution.
Turn off your anti-virus and it should work, your A-V is blocking the .dll and won't let it onto the system.

Regards.

Done it! What i did was extracting the whole iso to a folder in the desktop, then i went to microsoft security essentials, configs and added the .dll extension to the exceptions, ta ta! it worked like a charm, no permission from anyone, seems like the antivirus found something it didnt like in the file... anyway, I hope that helps, oh and you can still remove the .dll from the exceptions after you paste the file in the folder

Done it! What i did was extracting the whole iso to a folder in the desktop, then i went to microsoft security essentials, configs and added the .dll extension to the exceptions, ta ta! it worked like a charm, no permission from anyone, seems like the antivirus found something it didnt like in the file... anyway, I hope that helps, oh and you can still remove the .dll from the exceptions after you paste the file in the folder

How did you added the .dll extension to the exceptions?

Solved it :)

This is precisely what I've been trying to do and the reason I created this thread hence I cannot copy/Paste the dll file to desktop.

I also encounter this problem with certain other dll files but NOT from iso files...

It's getting to a point where it's ridiculous that I can't decide what I'd like to do with my own computer although the user account is on "never notify" and yet win 7 STILL interferes when not asked to, I'd like it to stop ! I'd like to claim back full control.

So what am I supposed to do ? This is SO irritating.
There's an easier way to do it to be honest, you just download WinRAR Archiver, and right click on the .ISO file and click on "open with" and you use WinRAR Archiver, it opens the file and therefrom it overwrites any of the requirements for the files within, and remember to turn off your MSE in any way, else it just deletes the file. Hope you can use this even though you've already solved the problem :)

Hay guys, i've been reading what you have put and its got me farther than i was before but when i go to right click the .ISO file there's no "open with" option. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom