Windows 7 Cannot Update Through Windows Update

hhr

Previously i used Auslogic Boostspeed to optimize my computer. Instead it backfired and deleted my System 32. After i reinstalled my Windows normally and got my programs fixed i can't update through Windows Update. Nor can i reinstall or unistall Microsoft Word 2010. It comes up with the error code "80070643". Can someone help me?

It sounds as though the reinstall faltered somehow. Since you are early on in the process, you might try the reinstall again. This time you might want to format the partition during the reinstallation.

I also get error #80070643. It looks as though all my failed updates relate to Office 2010 and/or Outlook. I've tried running standard FixIt, FixIt 50202, repairing .NET Framework, repairing Office using installation CD, completely uninstalling/re-installing Office. I currently have 16 failed updates. Windows will alert me to new updates, and when I run Windows Update, often it will successfully install the new updates but the original 16 continue to fail. It used to be 13 failed, now 16. At my wit's end with this, and just want to successfully update and move on. Any help would be appreciated. Running Win7 Professional 64-bit with MS Office Professional 2010.

I agree with Ted. A complete re-installation would be best, preceded by a format. Quite often it's faster to re-install it all, instead of using hours and hours and hours trying to fix the problem... and in the end, you may still have the root of the problem left in your system, just to pop up at some moment.

I stress one thing: have your Windows on a separate partition, perhaps with some necessary programs, BUT DO have your personal important files on another partition, or preferably another disk. That way a total remake of Windows won't eat your valuable files.

I agree with Ted. A complete re-installation would be best, preceded by a format. Quite often it's faster to re-install it all, instead of using hours and hours and hours trying to fix the problem... and in the end, you may still have the root of the problem left in your system, just to pop up at some moment.

I stress one thing: have your Windows on a separate partition, perhaps with some necessary programs, BUT DO have your personal important files on another partition, or preferably another disk. That way a total remake of Windows won't eat your valuable files.

Thank you so much for the reply. So, are you saying to uninstall Win7? If so, should I do a complete uninstall, or just go in an rename the Win file "Win Old", do a new install, and then delete the "old" file? Right now the only thing on my internal HDD is Win7, Office, and my other programs. All dox, music, vids, etc are on my external drive. Not really sure how to do the partition (if necessary) to isolate Win7. Any advice? Step-by-step helps a great deal since I'm only midway between a novice and savvy (dangerous with a little knowledge). Thanks.

If you think it is just Office having a problem, have you tried repairing the install?

Maybe take the Office updates away from Windows Update and try them yourself.

You have shut the system all the way down and rebooted later? It seems there are some updates that need a complete shutdown...maybe just a perception on my part.

The error 80070643 is, according to Microsoft connected to Windows.NET and Microsoft Office 2003. The shortest way would be to contact Microsoft, by phone. They can give you any codes you need, and fix the whole thing. Just keep any receipts at hand.

Back