Windows 7 Canon Pixma MP620

Medico

Win 8 DP found and installed the various drivers for my multifunction Canon Pixma MP 620 printer/scanner/copier. I was very impressed since I had to download the best drivers on Win 7. Win 8 DP installed them without any prompting. The printer is connected to my router through an ethernet cable. My laptop connects wirelessly to my router. Very nice!

Win-8 didn't come with a lot of fluff, but it sure does have one heck of a Driver Store.

It picked up my Epson Workforce 500 during the install and it works as well as if I had installed all the drivers.

Win-8 also picked up all my various hardware, like LAN, Sound, Video, 2nd LAN Port, etc. No problemo!

I hope that only improves with time. I can do without the 'Fluff' anyway. (also called BLOAT)

Cheers Mates!

The Doctor :cool:

Well my new Windows 8 Notebook did not install canon MP620 so easily...
Following instruction works, if your Canon MP620 is allready in your network (working with other Computers you may have):
1. Insert installation CD in your new Windows 8 computer and do NOT choose automatic installation.
2. Click on the Installation by User and choose every programm of the installation CD, except JI Network.
3. Close the installation.
4. When installed, ignore the error, that should apear telling you, that JI Network is not fitting your windows system.
5. Visit this Canon Site an install the driver at the bottom of the site (the site is in german, but you should find the canon site in english, too): Canon Network Setup und Tool
6. Make sure, your new windows 8 computer is connected by wifi or ethernet to the internet and to your home network.
6. Run this driver and follow the instructions, that means connect your Canon MP620 printer with a usb-cable.
7. Start the installation.
8. Choose the canon printer, that appears with a green ok-sign and go on.
9. The programm will now install the printer as the standart USB-Printer and Wifi-Printer at the same time!
10. Disconnect USB-Printercable and test the wifi-printing by opening e.g. Word and typing something. The printer is going to react and print your text.
11. Done !! :))

I am tempted to follow the instructions, but what about scanning over the wifi....any luck with that?

Well my new Windows 8 Notebook did not install canon MP620 so easily...
Following instruction works, if your Canon MP620 is allready in your network (working with other Computers you may have):
1. Insert installation CD in your new Windows 8 computer and do NOT choose automatic installation.
2. Click on the Installation by User and choose every programm of the installation CD, except JI Network.
3. Close the installation.
4. When installed, ignore the error, that should apear telling you, that JI Network is not fitting your windows system.
5. Visit this Canon Site an install the driver at the bottom of the site (the site is in german, but you should find the canon site in english, too): Canon Network Setup und Tool
6. Make sure, your new windows 8 computer is connected by wifi or ethernet to the internet and to your home network.
6. Run this driver and follow the instructions, that means connect your Canon MP620 printer with a usb-cable.
7. Start the installation.
8. Choose the canon printer, that appears with a green ok-sign and go on.
9. The programm will now install the printer as the standart USB-Printer and Wifi-Printer at the same time!
10. Disconnect USB-Printercable and test the wifi-printing by opening e.g. Word and typing something. The printer is going to react and print your text.
11. Done !! :))

I am tempted to follow the instructions, but what about scanning460 over the wifi....any luck with that?

I have the MP 460. I wish there was a way to scan and use the wifi to save on my computers wirelessly. Windows 8 brought me less convenience as Canon has not upgraded the Navigator Program to do this scanning. At least I can use a memory stick for the scan result, and upload a Pdf of the scan to my computers manually.

Hello,

what can I do - my Canon mp 620 has never been working with wifi (so it makes no sense following camca33´s instructions). And on the Canon Support site I couldn´t find Drivers for Windows 8, neither my new Laptop did find any Drivers online :-(

thank you

I have a Canon Pixma 5320 and also had problems setting up my wireless and downloading the drivers. You might give them a call. That is what I did and everything is working great now. They will walk you through it all. Here is the number to call for help.

1-800-488-2265

I am also running Windows 8.

My Wireless Canon MG5300 installed itself on my Win 8 64 bit samsung laptop.

Back