Canon TS-6020 failure

Fenway16

Honorable Member
3 year old printer has worked fine until recently. It started printing lines - voids - thru the words. I did a nozzle check - a cleaning - a deep cleaning - I then printed a test page and nothing printed at all except the image of a printer and the words, windows test page, at the top of the page. I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Went thru network settings to connect wirelessly and now it won't print a test page. Any thoughts? Thanks.

So I went to the desktop win 7 pc and printed a test page. Again, nothing prints except the very top - the windows icon. Could this be a printhead problem?

Definitely a printer problem. Inkjet printers are sadly junk. You can try rubbing alcohol on the print heads just make sure you don't get any on rubber parts (it will dry them out and cause them to break). I would also not pay for service or repairs it's almost always cost prohibitive on ink printers.

Check the obvious too ( is there still ink in all of the cartridges)

Just as a side note. I've had the same laserjet printer with the same cartridge for the last 9 years and it works perfectly.

You mean print head problem. Right? Yes replaced all ink cartridges. Nice about your laserjet - very expensive, yes? At least they were a few years back. Thanks.

Sadly with most inkjets unless you can get a new print head at a reasonably price the least expensive way to go is a new printer. For the most part companies sell printers at almost cost as they make most of their money on selling you ink. That is why every time you get anew printer from the manufacturer the ink cartridge is different.

Thanks to all. Got it fixed on my own. Don't know why it started acting up. Putting lines thru text. Plenty of ink so that's not the problem. I print frequently so don't get it! Very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom