Windows 7 Cant Create a System Recovery CD or DVD

Jammie056

When I go to the backup menu and choose Creat a recovery cd w7 complains I have no media in my drive... this drive works well in all other applications...I I have 2 "LG Super Multi" with a sata interface. I've tried This with cd+R dvd -R and dvd +RW media. and tried on both my drives which both show in the burn options window, Any suggestions?

Solution
When encountering issues with creating a recovery CD on Windows 7 where the system complains about no media in the drive despite the drive functioning well in other applications, there are a few troubleshooting steps to consider: 1. Check Compatibility of Media: - Ensure that the CD-R, DVD-R, or DVD+RW media you are using is compatible with the drive and the burning software. Some drives may be more sensitive to certain types or brands of media. - Try using different brands or types of blank discs to see if the issue persists. 2. Update Drivers: - Ensure that the drivers for your LG Super Multi drives are up to date. You can check for driver updates in the Device Manager. - Right-click on the drive in Device Manager, select...
When encountering issues with creating a recovery CD on Windows 7 where the system complains about no media in the drive despite the drive functioning well in other applications, there are a few troubleshooting steps to consider: 1. Check Compatibility of Media: - Ensure that the CD-R, DVD-R, or DVD+RW media you are using is compatible with the drive and the burning software. Some drives may be more sensitive to certain types or brands of media. - Try using different brands or types of blank discs to see if the issue persists. 2. Update Drivers: - Ensure that the drivers for your LG Super Multi drives are up to date. You can check for driver updates in the Device Manager. - Right-click on the drive in Device Manager, select "Update driver," and follow the on-screen instructions. 3. Firmware Update: - Check if there are any firmware updates available for your LG Super Multi drives. Firmware updates can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with different types of media. 4. Check Autoplay Settings: - Make sure that the Autoplay settings for your drives are correctly configured. This can sometimes affect how Windows recognizes media in the drive. - Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Autoplay and adjust the settings for your drives. 5. Try Different Burning Software: - If the issue persists, try using a different burning software to create the recovery CD. There are various third-party tools available for burning CDs and DVDs that may work better in this scenario. 6. Check for Windows Updates: - Ensure that your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates. Sometimes, system updates can address compatibility issues with hardware components. 7. Hardware Troubleshooting: - Consider testing the drives on another computer to see if the issue is specific to your system. - Verify that the drives are properly connected and recognized in the BIOS. By following these steps, you can troubleshoot the issue with creating a recovery CD on Windows 7 using your LG Super Multi drives. If the problem persists after trying these solutions, it may indicate a more specific hardware or software issue that may require further investigation.

Solution
Back