Windows 10 Can't find system32 in recycle bin

ijacobness

PLEASE HELP!!! MY FRIENDS TRICKED ME INTO DELETING SYSTEM32 AND I CANT FIND IT IN THE RECYCLE BIN AND IT SAYS MY RECYCLE BIN IS EMPTY :*(

Have you looked in the Windows Folder to see if it is really deleted?
I don't know how you did it, but merely selecting delete on a right click, would have needed furher input from you.

Hi

If you did delete your System32 folder from the Windows directory don't reboot your computer until you get it fixed.

That's how the scheme works, you see a video that seems to show someone removing their System32 folder and saving disk space without any consequences, they don't show the computer being rebooted.

If it's really gone it won't restart, at present the System32 files are still loaded in to ram, that's why your computer is still working.

It would have resisted being deleted, (I'm not going to test it) you would have gotten warnings and had to insist a number of times for it to go ahead.

I'm not sure that it really would have deleted the whole folder without individually removing some of the components one at a time.

If you don't have a system image file then the only fix may be to do a Reset to restore Windows 10 to it's normal condition.

Since your computer is still working backup everything that you need to a external hard drive, 2nd internal hard drive, partition. or DVDs.

Save your address books, favorites, game saves etc.

You will have to reinstall all of your software.

Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

Maybe by the time you get everything backed up someone will come along with a better solution, but I don't know any other way to get it back.

But as Dave said make sure that it's really missing.

C:\Windows\System32
Mine is over 5 GB so it's a lot of files.

Mike

Frankly, if the op did manage to do that impossible feat, his OS would have become immediately inoperative. - no way to fix anything

Hi

While I find people who say that you can delete it, and your computer will run until you reboot, I find more people who say that either you can't remove it from inside Windows, or you will get a blue screen and a complete crash of the OS during the process.

I found this video that seems to show someone deleting their Windows32 folder but it's probably a fake.

I'm not going to try this myself! LOL

So if your computer is still up and running you probably didn't delete it.

We'd like to know what you find out just for the sake of curiosity.

Mike

Back