Windows 7 Can't get rid of folder selected for wallpaper

Internut

So I used the browse function to find a picture I wanted for my wallpaper and tried it a couple of times but I can't get rid of some of the folders that I don't want to show up in the wallpapers drop down menu. Is there any way of getting rid of them from the drop down menu?

Solution
To remove unwanted folders from the wallpaper drop-down menu, you'll typically need to adjust the settings to customize which folders are scanned for wallpapers. Here's a general guide on how to do this: 1. Folder Selection in Personalization Settings: - Go to your desktop and right-click on an empty area. - Select "Personalize" from the context menu. - In the Personalization settings window, look for the wallpaper settings. - There should be an option to choose where Windows looks for wallpapers. You can then select specific folders or remove unwanted ones here. 2. Accessing Wallpaper Settings: - To directly access the wallpaper settings, you can go to: - Settings: Start Menu > Settings > Personalization > Background...
To remove unwanted folders from the wallpaper drop-down menu, you'll typically need to adjust the settings to customize which folders are scanned for wallpapers. Here's a general guide on how to do this: 1. Folder Selection in Personalization Settings: - Go to your desktop and right-click on an empty area. - Select "Personalize" from the context menu. - In the Personalization settings window, look for the wallpaper settings. - There should be an option to choose where Windows looks for wallpapers. You can then select specific folders or remove unwanted ones here. 2. Accessing Wallpaper Settings: - To directly access the wallpaper settings, you can go to: - Settings: Start Menu > Settings > Personalization > Background - Control Panel: Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Desktop Background 3. Clearing Recent Wallpaper History: - Windows often displays a list of recent wallpapers. If the unwanted folders are showing up here, you can clear this history: - Settings > Personalization > Background > Browse > Clear 4. Custom Wallpaper Folder: - You can create a new folder on your system and move only the wallpapers you want to use into that folder. Then specify this folder in the wallpaper settings. 5. Third-Party Wallpaper Managers: - If you are using a third-party wallpaper manager, the options to control wallpaper sources may be within the manager's settings. 6. Windows Registry (Advanced): - Editing the Windows Registry can offer more control over the wallpaper sources. However, this method is advanced and should be approached with caution. By following these steps, you should be able to customize the wallpaper sources and remove unwanted folders from the drop-down menu. If you encounter any difficulties or need further assistance, feel free to ask for more help!

Solution
Back