Windows 7 Cant get video drivers!!!

You've got a 4200go NVidia GPU.
To find you the correct drivers, I need your DEV ID.
To get this, go to Control Panel > Device Manager > display adapters and right click the gpu, going to properties.
Now select "Details" tab, and change the pulldown menu to "Hawrdware IDs"
It'll give you a line of code, all I need is the DEV_#### part.
Post it here, and I'll see if there's a driver.

ok it gave me four values:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0286&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0286&SUBSYS_01791028
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0286&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0286&CC_0300

Okay, here's the latest drivers for Vista, they'll work on 7 if you add them properly.

64-Bit :
Driver - Link Removed due to 404 Error
Modded INF - Link Removed due to 404 Error

32 Bit:
Driver - Link Removed due to 404 Error
Modded INF - Link Removed due to 404 Error

To install, download the driver you need and extract to a folder on the desktop.
Copy the Modded INF into that folder to overwrite the original, since the original doesn't support your video card.
Then, run the installer "Setup.exe" inside the folder. If it has an issue, run it in compatibilty mode.
Ignore all warnings.
Restart computer when done.
& have a nice day :)

Hi there,

I just installed Windows 7 yesterday, could you please help with nVidia GeForce Go 7300 Driver for Windows 7 or any work around? I will be thankful.

You should be able to use the same method he used. ^^^
The driver INFs support almost every laptop video card.

Then I'm sorry to say, but you're SOL my friend.
You've got specialized driver needs and there's nothing we have that can meet those needs.

Hi Kyle,

I also would like the correct driver for my display.
My system has: DEV_3582.

TIA for your help.

/luc

Seems like the link to modified ATI drivers at the top of this site is broken.

It asks me to make an exception for the lack of security certificate, and then when I make the exception it says that you do not have permission.

Anyone else have ATI 4800 series drivers for W764? Or a workaround to use the regular catalyst. When I use the regular Vista 64 drivers I get a BSOD during install.

Hello
I am new to this and was wondering if you could help me out. I posted in another section, but received no replies. The streaming video on my HP laptop with a nvidia gforce 9300 gms card was slow and always buffering when I ran VISTa and now is even worse in Windows 7. I also have a similar laptop that runs XP and the exact same video streams on the same sites run perfect so it is not the site.

Thanks
Joe
Do you have any suggestions? It runs you tube and some otheres fine.

Hi,
I was wondering, because i have same issues with drivers not working correctly on windows 7, can I use the same approach as you wrote it here...I have SiS Mirage 3 Graphics, and drivers I downloaded from SiS page are working only in vista, but in windows 7 for example extended desktop functionality doesn't work, at least not in my case.

Thnx for help and suggestions.

Hi,
I was wondering, because i have same issues with drivers not working correctly on windows 7, can I use the same approach as you wrote it here...I have SiS Mirage 3 Graphics, and drivers I downloaded from SiS page are working only in vista, but in windows 7 for example extended desktop functionality doesn't work, at least not in my case.

Thnx for help and suggestions.

i also have mirage 3 graphics in my laptop
driver is no problem to download ( the latest driver i donwloaded with win update ! )
but what i dont understand ...
with the first driver i can set the resolution on 1280x768 ( driver date is 2006 )
en with the latest driver the screen resolution is max 1024x768 !?!?! ( driver date is 2009 )

is there a way to work around this screen resolution ?
i rolledback the old driver now

edit: i have win 7 build 7100

Well I had the latest drivers installed from SiS page...and it worked with screen resolution 1280x800, but the main issue I had was that I wasn't able to use extended desktop functionality.

So I had to go back to vista, to have full functionality as i want it...extended desktop vise, so I hope win 7 release comes out soon, so we can get appropriate drivers.

Back