Windows 7 Cant install Windows 7 (64bit) on a raid 0

Low Gravity

Motherboard: GA-MA790X-DS4

I set up the raid and everything bios related but windows 7 (64-bit) cant detect the hard drives even after i got the most recent drivers from gigabyte's website, any ideas?

Hi, I have the same motherboard and the latest drivers have to be installed after you've got the os installed.. (they are actually for the SB700 but work great for the SB600)

I use these drivers found here (don't worry that they are from Asus):

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Unpack them (see screenshot) and mount the ones you want onto either a floppy, USB drive or CD (like you did with the last ones). Once you've got the os installed you can then upgrade the drivers via device manager, you will get a warning but just ignore that..
Just to say that I cannot recomment updating these drivers enough as the 1540.35 drivers are pretty awful but will at least get you going..

Hi
I have a similar problem.
During instalation of windows 7 64bit edition I get pass the step with language and keyboard selection and then win7 installer fails to detect any hard drives.

I have 3 hard drives, two of them (identical) in RAID configuration connected to sata ports, other normal IDE mode conected to sata port.
Currently I have windows XP 32bit installed on my system and everything works fine. HD are not faulty. During instalation of win XP i just had to upload RAID drivers from floppy disc to get it work.

Of course I tried to upload SATA RAID drivers during instalation of windows 7, but none of the drivers I've downloaded seems to be working.
I have gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 motherboard with AMD SB600 chipset (that's the one controling raid I guess) and i tried to download drivers from gigabyte website. I tried those for windows vista and windows 7 64bit edition and none of them works.
After uploading drivers, win installer still fails to detect any of my hard drives.

Can anyone help?
I think the solution of both problems desribed here is finding the right driver but still i failed to do so.

Marcin

To Msosin,
Kemical's drivers were able to detect my 3 hard drives in raid 0 and i was able to install windows 7, another option is to try upgrading your xp by incerting the windows 7 cd while your in xp and running the execuitable, it will make a windows.old file on your hard drives (so you wont loose anything) and avoid haveing to use those drivers.

Glad you got your install going. Just a question: What was your rationale for using RAID 0? Simply for speed increase?

Regards,

Gary

To Teamgs
Yes, i had it in raid 0 for the speed, also i chose raid 0 because the motherboard doesn't support raid 5 (like 0 but with backups).

Last edited:
Hi
I have a similar problem.
During instalation of windows 7 64bit edition I get pass the step with language and keyboard selection and then win7 installer fails to detect any hard drives.

I have 3 hard drives, two of them (identical) in RAID configuration connected to sata ports, other normal IDE mode conected to sata port.
Currently I have windows XP 32bit installed on my system and everything works fine. HD are not faulty. During instalation of win XP i just had to upload RAID drivers from floppy disc to get it work.

Of course I tried to upload SATA RAID drivers during instalation of windows 7, but none of the drivers I've downloaded seems to be working.
I have gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 motherboard with AMD SB600 chipset (that's the one controling raid I guess) and i tried to download drivers from gigabyte website. I tried those for windows vista and windows 7 64bit edition and none of them works.
After uploading drivers, win installer still fails to detect any of my hard drives.

Can anyone help?
I think the solution of both problems desribed here is finding the right driver but still i failed to do so.

Marcin

Have you not tried the solution I've posted? Download those drivers I've posted and try with them. Once your up and running upgrade to the latest versions via device manager..

Glad you got your install going. Just a question: What was your rationale for using RAID 0? Simply for speed increase?

Regards,

Gary

The answer to this is quite simply yes.. It can turn two mediocre drives into a fast one, for not much money, so you can see the attraction..

Last edited:
Have you not tried the solution I've posted? Download those drivers I've posted and try with them. Once your up and running upgrade to the latest versions via device manager..

Hi
Yeah, I've tried updating my drivers in device manager but windows says those drivers are not compatible. I think the reason for that is my 32bit version of XP I'm using wright now.
I also tried various drivers in win 7 installer: namwe of the driver file - ahcix64s for:
- win vista 32bit, 64 bit
- win 7 32bit, 64 bit.
None of them works, installer fails to detect my hard drives.

I also couldn't find kemical drivers. Can you provide some linki?

I thought the problem through and I'm planing to run win XP installer and upload win 7 RAID driver from floppy drive since when I'm restarting my system I can see on the bootscreen: RAID bios version 3.0.xxxxxxxxx - those are the old RAID drivers for win XP 32bit I've uploaded during my XP instalation.
The other idea is to run vista 64bit installer and check if it detects my hard drives in RAID mode.

Thanks for help.
msosin

I'm away from home at the moment and so a bit limited to what I can do but this link should work:

They'll work for 7, as for XP, try these:

[langtitle=es]Re: Cant install Windows 7 (64bit) on a raid 0[/langtitle]

[lang=es]Por experiencia propia recomiendo no usar un RAID 0 con Windows 7, sobre todo si tienes pensado tener informacion importante y personal a manejar.

RAID 0 es un arreglo que falla bastante y cuando ocurre eso, la perdida de acceso es absoluta. Y en muchos casos la gente pierde sus datos por no saber como proceder...

Yo sufri en carne propia eso, por no tener un respaldo asegurado. Perdi documentos, fotos, etc. Lo peor es que no encontre solucion en el momento. Al tiempo me comentaron que podria haber acudido a una empresa especializada en recuperaciones como ONRETRIEVAL, ONRESCUE, ONTRACK, etc. y ahi me solucionaban el problema...

Desde entonces utilizo un arreglo RAID 5 que es mas estable. Y mantengo un respaldo externo por si algo sucede nuevamente...

Otra confi a considerar es un RAID 10.

Sldos.[/lang]

Back
Top Bottom