Cant install windows 7, setup finishes but after finishing it doesnt boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by htroyo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. htroyo

htroyo New Member

hello, my computer has an amd athlon 64 x2 processor and am2 (i forgot the model) motherboard, and i was able to install windows vista before i noticed that it stinks and installed xp again, then i was trying to install windows 7 (spanish, english, x86, x64, ultimate, home premium, etc), the setup runs and finishes correctly, when the computer has to restart it does and it resumes the setup, but after finishing the computer restarts for last time but it doesnt boot, it just appear a blinking white cursor in a black screen but it doesnt do anything, what is happening? what can i do?
    thanks

2. Windows7HelpGuy

Windows7HelpGuy New Member

One of the windows files didn't install correctly.

3. htroyo

htroyo New Member

i tried to install 2 different distributions of windows on my desktop pc and that problem happened, but it installs correctly using a virtual machine

4. htroyo

htroyo New Member

any help please?

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hard to say what might be keeping it from booting. But disconnect the network and maybe external devices. Give it some time. What video connection do you have?

6. htroyo

htroyo New Member

i already tried that, because some months ago i accidentally formatted my usb external disk so i always disconnect my devices and network before installing windows, i have an ati hd radeon 4350 graphics card and pcie 1.1 port, but before that i had just the integrated graphics card, and the same problem happened