Can't playback my audio phone files

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by mike marshell, Jan 17, 2015.

1. mike marshell

mike marshell New Member

Hi,
    I have an old Nextel i686 phone, Can't use it for a phone anymore but the camera and camcorder work. I can
    also download them to my computer. The problem is I want to download the voice recorder to win 8.1. I am looking for a program that will convert AMR files so I can run them on my Toshiba satellite. My computer says
    that Real player and Freeviewer will work but they seem to want to much info from me or they want me to download new drivers. I'm looking for something simple to use. At worst I can play the phone into my computer
    mic and record it for playback that way.

Thx

2. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

3. mike marshell

mike marshell New Member

Hi, thanks for the info , I managed to convert a amr file to mp3. Only problem is I
    can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer. It says that it can't run on media
    player so I wondering what wil play it.

4. mike marshell

mike marshell New Member

Ok , I found it , thanks again. One last question , I'm running this on win 7 , the instructions on their
    web site only lists up to win 7. I have win 8.1 at home, think it will work on that?

5. patcooke

patcooke Microsoft MVP
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Almost certainly - sounds like a "suck it and see job!"

6. Echo5354

Echo5354 Member

If you cannot install or launch suitable softeware, why not try some online application? By utilizing this Converter, you can also convert the AMR files to compatible format for you Toshiba computer.

7. ussnorway

ussnorway Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

I use switch for all my music files... changing any sound files works best when you take it back to a wave file first then into mp3, 4 or whatever.