Windows 8 Can't playback my audio phone files

mike marshell

Hi,
I have an old Nextel i686 phone, Can't use it for a phone anymore but the camera and camcorder work. I can
also download them to my computer. The problem is I want to download the voice recorder to win 8.1. I am looking for a program that will convert AMR files so I can run them on my Toshiba satellite. My computer says
that Real player and Freeviewer will work but they seem to want to much info from me or they want me to download new drivers. I'm looking for something simple to use. At worst I can play the phone into my computer
mic and record it for playback that way.

Thx

Hi, thanks for the info , I managed to convert a amr file to mp3. Only problem is I
can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer. It says that it can't run on media
player so I wondering what wil play it.

Ok , I found it , thanks again. One last question , I'm running this on win 7 , the instructions on their
web site only lists up to win 7. I have win 8.1 at home, think it will work on that?

Hi,
I have an old Nextel i686 phone, Can't use it for a phone anymore but the camera and camcorder work. I can
also download them to my computer. The problem is I want to download the voice recorder to win 8.1. I am looking for a program that will convert AMR files so I can run them on my Toshiba satellite. My computer says
that Real player and Freeviewer will work but they seem to want to much info from me or they want me to download new drivers. I'm looking for something simple to use. At worst I can play the phone into my computer
mic and record it for playback that way.

Thx
If you cannot install or launch suitable softeware, why not try some online application? By utilizing this Converter, you can also convert the AMR files to compatible format for you Toshiba computer.

I use switch for all my music files... changing any sound files works best when you take it back to a wave file first then into mp3, 4 or whatever.

Back