Windows 7 Can't turn off Hardware Acceleration?

mongoose665

I am trying to turn the hardware acceleration slider down to none.
I have gone into Appearance and Personalisation, then clicked Adjust Screen Resolution, then Advanced Settings, I click Troubleshoot but the Change Settings button is greyed out as I can't click it, with a little administrator symbol next to it.
My graphics card is an
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor and I have all the latest AMD updates as I know other people have had this problem because they haven't updated their card drivers.

What you've listed as GPU (graphics card) is actually your CPU (central processor). The tab you're talking about that's grayed out is all so grayed out on mine. You have to use your GPU's software. What kind of graphics card do you have...make and model? I have an XFX HD Radeon 6790D GPU.

If you could please fill out your system specs in your profile area....this information is really helpful to us so we can determine if it the issue is a hardware or software issue.

I would also ask why you want to turn down Hardware exceleration in the first place?

SAME PROBLEM: how can i disable HARDWARE ACCELERATION for my Laptop (sony vaio vpcea45fg) wid a ATI radeon grapic card+win7?????????? i realy wanna knw hw to n hope der wont be issues to revert back wen done........any suggestions n instructions??? Bcz i want my screen video recorder to work ........ n its asking me to disable HARDWARE ACCELERATION b4 it cn work....

i think if your graphic card support turning off hardware acceleration,it's not greyed out.if not it's always greyed out.i have Intel HD Graphics,i have same greyed out.before when i have no graphic card,vga graphics driver.it's not greyed out.so it's graphic card support it or not.so don't bother,it's ok.if u really want it,then contact u'r graphic card manufacturer e.g.intel,ati,amd,nvidia whatever.i'm not an expert,hope i help.

Back