Windows 10 Can't upgrade to Windows 10 after recovering to Windows 7

MrSimbora

Good evening

I had Windows 10 installed in my computer but due to some incompatibility issues with my mobile internet application I had to recover back to Windows 7. It's important to say that I have a pirated version of Windows 7 but seeing that I was able to update once, I thought I could do it again without any problems. Since the issue is now fixed, I tried to re-update to Windows 10 again but this time, it's asking for my product key, which I obviously don't have. Does Microsoft only allows me to update once or am I the one missing something? I did everything like the first time.

Thank you for your time

Hi,
even though the upgrade was successful last time around you would have eventually discovered that your copy of Windows would still be non genuine meaning that certain apps won't work and activation issues.
The recent 'urban myth' that Microsoft was going to allow pirates to upgrade for free was simply that.. A myth and was unfortunately spread around by tech sites misinforming everyone.
So I'm afraid even if you get your copy of windows 7 to upgrade it will still be pirate.

Back