Windows 7 Can't uplevel folders

why cant i go back one folder if for example i went directly to %windir%\system32
if i want to go back to windows folder i have to click in the address bar and delete the system32 unlike ealier windows verisions i could just click on the up arrow button

From your image...

Click on the word "Windows" in the address bar and watch what happens....

The up arrow is now a matter of clicking on the higher folder you want directly in the path list.

The back arrow doesn't work because you went straight into that folder... there's no place to go back to.

You don't need tweaks then, in windows explorer, click menu -> view -> go -> up one level.

You don't even need to do that...

Windows "address bar" is now a folder list.
Click directly on the names of the folder you want to go "up" to.
Click on the arrows between folder names to get a list of folders below the one you clicked on.

I'm not all super gushy in love with Win7 (it's got problems) but THIS they got right!

another thing how can i get rid of the "Windows boot manager" when starting up the computer? i want it directly to choose windows 7
i mean if i need anything else i just press F8 right? who needs it

You don't even need to do that...

Windows "address bar" is now a folder list.
Click directly on the names of the folder you want to go "up" to.
Click on the arrows between folder names to get a list of folders below the one you clicked on.

I'm not all super gushy in love with Win7 (it's got problems) but THIS they got right!

genius! i can't believe how i didn't notice it lol

another thing how can i get rid of the "Windows boot manager" when starting up the computer? i want it directly to choose windows 7
i mean if i need anything else i just press F8 right? who needs it

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Statup and Recovery ->
Default Operating system = Windows 7
Time to display list of operating systems = 0 and unchecked.

genius! i can't believe how i didn't notice it lol

Neither can I, since it was the first thing I posted (the 2nd post in this 4 page thread...)
...in the example you posted, to go up one level, just click on where it says "Windows" (between "Local Disk [C:]" and "System32"). This is basically the same as clicking on the "up" button in older windows versions, but with more flexibility: you can go up multiple levels in one click, which I guess is why they got rid of the up button.

Neither can I, since it was the first thing I posted (the 2nd post in this 4 page thread...)

Yes you did... and I think everyone was off looking for complex answers and software to downoad at the time.

But, the good news is we were both right... :razz:

Back
Top Bottom