I am glad it is working but I think you are a bit hasting in blaming Windows Update. I see no reports of Windows Update breaking anybody else's WordPad.
Well, sadly, it is done way too often. Some folks just refuse to accept that any thing else might be wrong with their computers and are all too eager to blame Microsoft and Windows Update. But, if they just gave it a few seconds thought, they would realize if it was a Windows Update, it most likely would be affecting many 1000s or even millions of users.Nothing hasty about blaming a fault on Windows 10 updates !!
Some were a little old? LOL And of those, how many were caused by WU? I Googled wordpad slow to open and found 1 more or less recent hit in the first 3 pages of results and it, from over a year a ago was not about WordPad itself taking a long time to open. But opening a WordPad file that contained a photo took a long time. Admittedly I skimmed but going back years, I could not find anything about WordPad itself taking a long time.though, admittedly, some were a little old.
v5.66.7716 (01 May 2020)
In this version of CCleaner we have added full cleaning support for the Brave and Vivaldi browsers!
Please note we have patched the 5.66.7705 version to 5.66.7716 to fix a stability issue in the CCleaner Professional Trial flow.
- Brave browser can now be cleaned independently
- Vivaldi browser can now be cleaned independently
- Fixed an issue where 'Cookies' was also deleting internet history and was incorrectly reporting large numbers of trackers
- Internet history is now deleted via the ‘History’ Privacy category, which also includes download history and recently typed URLs
- Starting a CCleaner Professional trial now gives you a guided experience to its features
v5.67.7763 (28 May 2020)
This version of CCleaner brings more cleaning to Firefox, improvements in the delivery of our Professional trial guided experience, and some stability fixes for Windows 7 users.
- Added optional cleaning of Firefox crash reports
- Fixed a potential crash when CCleaner Professional, Business or Tech Editions launch on Windows 7
- Fixes to the Professional trial to improve the delivery of its guided experience
Release notesv5.69.7865 (21 Jul 2020)
This version of CCleaner brings all-new cleaning for Opera GX browser and bug fixes.
- Added cleaning support for Opera GX gaming browser
- Minor UI improvements
- Fixed DetectOS from|to syntax functionality in WinApp2
- Fixed occasional missing information in the Licence Information screen
Release notesv5.70.7909 (06 Aug 2020)
Important information for Firefox users
If you use Firefox with a Firefox account, we strongly recommend that you update CCleaner to version 5.70 before cleaning. This version of CCleaner fixes an issue that can cause extension settings to be lost in Firefox.
The update also includes performance improvements and improved support for Opera GX.
Important fix for Firefox users
-Fixed a bug where CCleaner could wipe extension settings in Firefox if using a Firefox account
-Added Smart Clean support for Opera GX
-CCleaner now differentiates between Opera and Opera GX processes
-Fixed a rare bug where Health Check would not close all selected browsers
-Fixed a performance issue where CCleaner could use more CPU than it needed
-DetectOS syntax correctly supports full Windows build numbers in WinApp2