Windows 7 CD/DVD Drive (D:) not showing up in "Computer"

jumala

Hii. I bought a laptop a couple of days ago, with 32bit Windows 7 already pre-installed, but I noticed the CD/DVD Drive isn't showing up in 'Computer' section.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

After looking into it, I found in the divice manager that there was a little yellow triange by the CD DVD drive.

I then opened the properties on this and found...

Could somebody please help me get this showing again?

Thanks very much, Finlay.

Hii. I bought a laptop a couple of days ago, with 32bit Windows 7 already pre-installed, but I noticed the CD/DVD Drive isn't showing up in 'Computer' section.

After looking into it, I found in the divice manager that there was a little yellow triange by the CD DVD drive.

I then opened the properties on this and found...

Could somebody please help me get this showing again?

Thanks very much, Finlay.

Right-click on the drive in Device Manager and try "Update Driver Software". You also might try disabling and letting the hardware be re-detected.

Thanks.
Software is up to date. I'm not too sure what you mean by the other option...

Problem is still occuring.

Can you take it back to where you got it?

Strange your drive does not show a DVD Region tab in properties..

What does the Driver tab show and the details button on the Driver tab?

I would suggest lke busydog, that you uninstall the device and let windows find it again.

^^ Driver and details tab.

I could take it back, I'd prefer not to though.

I tried uninstaling it, etc... And it just said the installation failed, and I'm back where I started.

Thanks for all the help.

Any other ideas anyone?

EDIT: The auto-run feature isn't working anymore either. But, I managed to rip some CDs to iTunes... Hmmm...

Last edited:
It took awhile but I think the your laptop is actually a Advent Roma 2000 ECS I50IL1, according to this site Link Removed - Invalid URL the only thing available from the manufacturer apparently is a user manual, not much help. I'm sure it depends on where you live, but according to this site UKT Support - Advent Roma 2000 Laptop
all official warranty and service is handled through The Tech Guys located here Link Removed - Invalid URL so if I were you I would follow the earlier suggestion of "take it back where you bought it" and consider perhaps purchasing something a little more main stream. If you feel comfortable editing the windows registry, perhaps you might try this DVD Drive Icon Disappeared from Computer - Fix - Vista Forums as a possible last resort just make sure you create a restore point prior to doing this see this article Create a restore point and also backup the registry before editing see this article Back up the registry

your CDDVDRW is a Samsung TS-L633A and the yellow warning triangle in device manager means you have an I/O conflict with another device, another driver might solve the problem ?

your driver is very old , you can find a Link Removed due to 404 Error that might help :eek:

Just one other thought since ickymay so brilliantly pointed out " the yellow warning triangle in device manager means you have an I/O conflict with another device" do you think that perhaps it may be the BullGuard software that is causing this issue? Was the CD/DVD ever present in device manager or computer? I'm personally not at all familar with that particular product, it was just a thought that I had.

Well, I'm assuming it worked at some point, because I managed to rip a few CDs into iTunes. It doesn't work now though. I'll try updating my firmware, etc. If there's no joy, I'll take it back.

Thanks very much for all your help, btw, Hapy New Year. xD

EDIT: I've tried every suggestion, mutiple times. All of them have't sorted it. I might try phoning up Currys and see if they have a solution, if not, I'll return it.

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
I've sorted it. xD

System Restore to the day I got it.. Wasn't expecting it to work, but I gave it a try.
It must have been something I installed, idk. It's working now though.

Thank-you all very much. xD

Thanks for posting back, glad system restore worked for you. Do you think that the problem had anything to do with your BullGuard Software installation?

I'm not sure. Potentially. I tried uninstalling BullGuard... Which left me with no anti-virus and didn't solve it, so I was going to system restore because of that and I decided to system restore all the way back to see if it sorted my problem. And it worked. xD

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom