CD/DVD drive

I'm using a Vaio laptop, vgn-fw170j, i had windows vista premium before.
My computer isn't detecting any drive other than disk C:
I've tried going to the sony esupport website to find a driver for this, but I didn't see anything that would fit:(
Any suggestions?

ldkoi

try downloading the Vista driver set from the Vaio website and then installing it through device manager-->update driver. then point it to the file you d/loaded and extracted :)

could someone link me to the page? the only drivers i've found don't affect the CD/DVD drive, or maybe I'm just ignorant and it's right in front of my eyes, but all I see is drivers for the motherboard, blu-ray, wireless, etc.

See this post:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/2661-dvd-rw-mistaken-cd-rom.html#post13094

You shouldn't even have to reboot. After you have finished editing the registry, just go in to the device manager, delete the CD/DVD drive, then rescan for hardware changes.

This should resolve your issue

Last edited:
thanks a lot! it worked :)

loathe

Someone should sticky one of those thread explaining "where has my DVDRom gone" and probably also Where has my HDD gone

*EDIT* I made one to sticky

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.