Windows 10 CD/DVD rom missing on Windows 10

Daniel Black

Okay, well i just upgraded to windows ten, and when i go under Devices and Drives my cd rom isnt showing up. Im trying to download Grand Theft Auto 5, which i have recently purchased. But because of this im not able to download it. Anyone know whats up? Thanks

Go to device a manager click view > hidden devices & see if they show there. May be just an issue with the driver for the MB in your PC.
If they show there delete them reboot and see if they show up.

Also verify they are showing in the BIOS.

If you have a desktop you might try another port to plug into. I won't say that works all the time but it just might work.

i solved the problem by resetting the pc, but that opened up a whole new can o' worms, have to reload alot of my programs

Hi

That's one thing that really bugs me about Windows 10.

With Windows 7 you could do a repair install, that would cause your settings to revert to default, but it would retain all of your software and files in working condition.

I think that they should have an option to do that in Windows 10.
You can always do a reset if it doesn't solve you problem, but it always seemed to work in Windows 7.

Anyway, now that you have everything working make a System Image so that if something dies you can get your computer back up and running quickly.

I use EaseUS TODO backup and recovery.
It's free and works well with Windows 10.

You can literally backup your system with a few clicks of the mouse.

Because I keep my Windows drive small, with all my software installed on another drive I can create or restore a backup in around 10 to 15 minutes.

Best free backup software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc - EaseUS Todo Backup Free

Mike

A solution from a MS site when your DVD/Cd has disappeared

Navigate with RegEdit to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
And remove the values from UpperFilters and LowerFilters

Back
Top Bottom