Changes for 8/2013 - 9/2013

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hello, here are some changes as of late:
  • Tapatalk (mobile) support updated from 1.7.0 to 1.8.1
  • Litespeed (main web server) updated and in service.
  • Upgraded PHP to the new 5.5 branch
  • You can embed YouTube videos into your profile once again.
  • Media Section code was updated.

Forward looking changes:
  • We hope to render user fields for computer specifications directly into the posts once again.
  • We are looking at bringing back the Original Poster (OP) designation on posts.
  • If possible, we will once again try to get the OS and browser when you post to the site to display it on the post (this will take awhile)
  • "Best Answer" as an option in some forums may become available.

• The site theme has obviously changed. We are now using responsive design for multiple devices. This includes, but is not limited to tablets, phones, and desktops. We will continue to improve site styling and theme in this area.
  • We are working on getting you great content, and will try to feature such on the website as much as possible.
Thanks for your support.

Let me be the first to complain. I don't like the full screen only option. Other than that, it's OK for me.

Last edited:
Let me the first to complain. I don't like the full screen only option. Other than that, it's OK for me.

You might find the test theme (1.0.1) under the Style Chooser to be more accommodating. It is still the same width (fluid), but isn't as cluttered. That one is still very much under development for now.

You might find the test theme (1.0.1) under the Style Chooser to be more accommodating. It is still the same width (fluid), but isn't as cluttered. That one is still very much under development for now.

You're missing the point...I don't like the wide width view, where it takes up the whole screen. I preferred the narrow width version. The only theme options are both wide width and one is a test theme. It's no biggy, but I did prefer the narrow look.

I like the new outlook. I think it's an improvement. Being the sentimental character I am, I do miss the "Status" with my Avatar. I would just love to have Changing diapers in there. Hope it's not distasteful. :rolleyes:

You have my support.

• Fixes and improved compatibility for IE11 (particularly in the editor)
  • Updated to jQuery 1.10.2 for improved IE11 compatibility
  • Nofollow member search links as the results won't be indexed
  • Fix potential situation where forum counters could become incorrect
  • Fix spam checking on profile posts/status updates
  • Fix situation where route filters could be applied to incoming routes incorrectly
  • Make the account upgrades page responsive
  • Fix behavior of registration spam checks when the manual moderation threshold is disabled
  • Incorrect last post dates on threads in the global RSS feed
  • Prevent a PHP crash/blank output when editing a large post
  • Prevent some server error logs with long input in certain pages
  • Fix incorrect "can revert" permission check in edit history.
  • Make the filter controls in the ban list search across all pages of results
  • Fix problems with tagging users that have @ in their usernames
  • Fix importing of pages from XenForo
  • Limit the number of users a person can follow to prevent performance issues
  • Tidy up the sub-forum list with long forum titles
  • Fix errors if a URL tag is manually added around text that has already been automatically linked
  • Limit the maximum depth of BB code to prevent possible recursion errors and styling problems.

• PHP has been updated to 5.4.20
Mobile Apps On The Way!
  • A process has been started to update the mobile app for Android OS. Our data shows that a lot of people are downloading the app, but are unable to get it to work, because of our site merger and changing of platforms. We have a release build with replacement software, but because the software is drastically different, internal changes are being made to upload the .APK's to Google Play.
  • The publication of a mobile app for iOS is in the works and has reached a stage where publication is almost possible, absent digital signing and review.
  • These apps are custom branded and developed primarily by Tapatalk, with creative input and design on our end, and will remain available free of charge to the general public. The Android app, at least, should be available quite soon. We hope to be able to provide this as an update to those who have already downloaded it. There will actually be two versions, depending on your device. One will work with Android OS 4.0 and above, and the other will continue to work with legacy devices that do not have the ICS update.

Back
Top Bottom