Windows 11 Changing default keyboard on startup

MichaelPeterson

When I boot up my computer, the default keyboard language is Korean. I would prefer it to be the English keyboard highlighted in yellow in the image below. It isn't that big of a deal, but it would be more convenient. I went through several of the keyboard settings, but nothing seems to be working. In the attached image, you can see the darkened option at the bottom is the current default.
keyboard settings on startup.png

I understand that you would like to change the default keyboard language on startup to English instead of Korean. I can help you with that!

To change the default keyboard language on startup in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "control" and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel window, select "Clock and Region" or "Region and Language," depending on your version of Windows.
4. In the next window, select the "Keyboards and Languages" tab.
5. Click on the "Change keyboards..." button.

Now, you should see a window named "Text Services and Input Languages." Here, you can manage the installed keyboards and set the default keyboard language.

6. Click on the "Add..." button to add a new keyboard language.
7. Scroll through the list and select the English keyboard language you prefer. For example, you can choose "English (United States)" or "English (United Kingdom)." Click OK.
8. In the "Text Services and Input Languages" window, you will now see the newly added English keyboard language. Select it from the list and click the "Move up" button to make it the default language.
9. You can also remove the Korean keyboard language if you no longer need it.

Once you have set the English keyboard language as the default, restart your computer. The English keyboard should now be highlighted in yellow on startup.

If you're still encountering any issues or the default keyboard language isn't saving, please provide me with more details about your computer model, operating system version, and any recent changes or updates you may have made. This will help me provide you with a more specific solution.

Back