Changing Monitor "location"

Hi,

So I've just hooked up a 2nd monitor to my laptop, and am having issues with it - my 2nd monitor is to the left of my first, but my computer thinks it's to the right (so I have to swipe the mouse the wrong way to change screens, which is counter-intuitive). So, I'd like to be able to tell the computer to swap where it thinks the monitors are around. For reasons of hardware, I can't just swap the wires around, and monitors need to be set up the way they are.

Also as an optimistic aside - is there any way to tell the computer that my laptop screen is below the 2 monitor screens (so I can swipe up to get to the monitors, rather than across). And even better if up left goes to one monitor, up right to the other.

Cheers!

You lost me @ the bakery.

Seriously, I haven't messed w/ 2 monitors for a long time but, I seem to recall in their control panel / window there is the ability to flip them, so to speak. Either take another look for such a setting or someone w/ 2 monitors will have the answer for you, soon.

Memory tells me there's 'pictures' of your 2 monitors & you designate one or the other or either one #1, #2 or vise versa.

Cheers,
Drew

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
Some laptops just don't support dual monitors because of the low end or generic onboard GPU that's installed. They just doesn't have the software capability to set it up 2 monitors on a conventional desktop with a proper installed GPU.

Have you tried the "windows key + P". This will show you your options (4) for the 2nd monitor.
http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/191946-windows-key-p-easy-display-switcher/

What's the make/model of your laptop?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.