Windows 7 Changing SSID on Wireless Router

djs05101985

Hi All -

I logged into the admin account on my Motorola SBV5121XM Boot Version 8.5. It is not immediately obvious to me how I can change the SSID from this screen and the user manual did not help. User manual said to enter the SSID in "Basic Mode" ???? Any help would be much appreciated.

Link Removed

Solution
To change the SSID (Service Set Identifier) on your Motorola SBV5121XM modem, you need to access the modem's settings through a web browser interface. Here's a general guideline on how to change the SSID:
1. Access Modem Interface:
- Connect your computer to the modem either via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- In the address bar, type the default IP address of the Motorola modem. Most common Motorola modem IPs are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1. Press Enter.
2. Log In:
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password. Use the default login credentials for Motorola modems (often admin/admin or admin/password), unless you have changed them to something else.
3. Navigate to...
To change the SSID (Service Set Identifier) on your Motorola SBV5121XM modem, you need to access the modem's settings through a web browser interface. Here's a general guideline on how to change the SSID:
1. Access Modem Interface:
- Connect your computer to the modem either via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- In the address bar, type the default IP address of the Motorola modem. Most common Motorola modem IPs are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1. Press Enter.
2. Log In:
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password. Use the default login credentials for Motorola modems (often admin/admin or admin/password), unless you have changed them to something else.
3. Navigate to Wireless Settings:
- Once logged in, look for the Wireless or Wi-Fi settings. It might be located under a section like Wireless, Network, or LAN settings.
- Find the SSID field (sometimes labeled as Network Name) in the settings. This is where you can change the name of your Wi-Fi network.
4. Change SSID:
- Enter the new name (SSID) for your Wi-Fi network in the provided field.
- Save or Apply the changes. This will typically be a button at the bottom or top of the page.
5. Restart Modem:
- After changing the SSID, it's a good practice to restart the modem. This will ensure the changes take effect and your network broadcasts with the new name.
Always remember to secure your Wi-Fi network with a strong password to prevent unauthorized access. If you encounter any issues or can't find the specific settings, refer to the modem's user manual or contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.

Solution
Back