Windows 7 Clueless on Virus Cure

Ok, I have a virus that is causing pop-ups everytime i open internet explorer. they tell me that "a virus is in my computer attempting to steal passwords and private info from the infected computer."

also give the info:

Type: Virus
Infection Length: 138,293 bytes
Systems Affected: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2003, Windows XP, & Vista
Systems Not Affected: DOS, EPOC, Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX
Technical Details: Creates files in %Windr%\directory. By default this is C:\Windows.
2. Adds Values to registry keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MNACHINE\Software\Local\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Scans the hardrive for exe. files and infects any excutable files. Searches for passwords/information, which it may send to a remote attacker.

Reccomendations: Click "OK" to download officially approved security software. Always keep your patch levels up-to-date.

If I press "Cancel" it directs me to Link Removed - Invalid URL and if I press "OK" it goes to Link Removed - Invalid URL

I haven't downloaded anything because I am afraid that the downloads will damage my computer even more. I have no idea what is really going to help my computer and what is fake. I ran the scan my computer and it said it deleted all potentially dangerous material on it, but the problem still exists.
It doesn't seem to matter if I'm browsing the internet or not, the pop-ups still interupt whatever I am doing. My homepage has also been changed, and everytime I change it back, it never stays with what I've assigned it to be. I also get a bubble that comes from the task bar saying, "Security Alert: Spyware found. Your computer is infected with the latest version of PSW.x-Vir trojan. PSW. Click this balloon to remove it." The icon for this bubble is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in the middle of it and it flashed on my taskbar interupting everything I try to do on my computer. If I click it it directs me to Link Removed - Invalid URL

I am absolutely stuck because I fear damaging my computer and at this point I have no clue in what to trust as an virus removal program since so many different things pop up whenever I click on anything. Any advice or help is MUCH APPRECIATED!

Sorry if this is long and drawn out!
Thank you for taking the time to read it!

-Alicia:confused:

Yo Alicia,

Get yourself Norton 360 it will take cake of your problems,
not unless you're downloading stuff with cookies with viruses.
It's been the Ultimate Protection for me except when I get
other Administrators pulling my chain. Like any 2 year old
BRATS..........other than that go get it at any Software Store
like BestBuys or whatever you choose for your convenience.

get all your important files OFF that computer,do a virus scan onthem, re-install

Hi!!! I recently had my spyware down in order to repair some critical issues in my computer. In the two days that I was without my Spy Sweeper, I decided to run a little experiment. My aim was to see how much protection from spies I actually got with just "Window Defender" and "Norton". When I went to re-install Spy Sweeper, I got the message that my 6 month old program is out of date and is blocking my newly installed Driver. I had to wipe the program out with a special tool and down load the latest program with anti-virus protection. It worked and I'm happy so far, here is the list of everything I picked up..........Atlas Cookie, Mediaplex Cookie, 2o7. net Cookie, Question Market Cookie, Yield Manager Cookie, Adrevolver Cookie, Addynamix Cookie, Advertising Cookie, Tacoda Cookie, Atwola Cookie, BS Serving-Sys Cookie, Burstnet Cookie, Serving- Sys Cookie, Specific Click.Com Cookie, Adbureau Cookie, Tribalfusion Cookie, Zedo Cookie. (18 items and 23 traces)

Ok, I have a virus that is causing pop-ups everytime i open internet explorer. they tell me that "a virus is in my computer attempting to steal passwords and private info from the infected computer."
Alicia:confused:

I had this same crap on my sisters PC. Does it leave icons on the desktop that looks like MS security ones?

She was running Trend Micro PC-cillin..:frown: and it didn't stop it That's what I USED to run :eek:
Anyway I downloaded Panda's 30 day trial and during the installation it found, and removed it.
Hope this helps...Good Luck

Was Zappening,

Sorry That's a Bad Joke?!....:D Look, We all know that The Best of The Best Anti-Virus Programs are supposed to protect our Workstations (Windows Vista.....), But as you know that we are not alone on this one!!! Do to Fact, that there are some Anti-Virus Corporations ask Hackers to break into their programs just for kicks & also for sssshhhh........ Wagering bets just get kick a out of it! Okay, though have you've noticed that Windows Vista's has a similar program just like Norton's NIS called Window's Defender?!>>>...<<< Yes, be on the ware for Icon's that look exactly like Window's Vista Icons ( cause the Hackers have the same Icons Just like our O.S.'s.......In my opinion, I truly know that if a Hacker has the Icons the Individual has to work at Microsoft Corp or was cut loose from Microsoft Corporation to get even with Bill Gates & just like giving us grief just like a stalker breaking our Privacy Act if ya know what I mean!!!!!!!!!........Just like when they play around with my Mouse Pointer even when it is a New One by Macally.;)

Back