Windows 7 Code 8024402C when trying to automatically update

Starblind

Whenever I try to update, I get the "Code 8024402C" error. It's apparently a network error. I have tried every possible solution on Microsoft's website, but it still gives me the error. I also scanned my computer with TDSSKiller, my antivirus and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Svchost.exe is also allowed by my firewall and antivirus. This problem started around early November. I also have another computer running Windows XP that can download updates fine.

Oh and, I can't access update.microsoft.com, it gives me this:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Instead of posting links (Since there are MANY reasons to this), try to use these Google results:

1. Let me google that for you
2.Let me google that for you

What links? And I've been to atleast a hundred pages and none of the solutions have worked. I was hoping someone here would know other solutions.

EDIT: Also, whenever I try to type "proxycfg -d" in Command Prompt, it says this:

'proxycfg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Last edited:
We might have to uninstall previous updates but for now, choose to pick the updates manually. Download and install one at a time until you get the error. Post the update that failed (eg: KB954155).

Last edited:
We might have to uninstall previous updates but for now, choose to pick the updates manually. Download and install one at a time until you get the error. Post the update that failed (eg: KB954155).

I can't. Like I said in my first post, I can't access update.microsoft.com

So from there too, you can uncheck updates that you don't want to install before you click update. Do what I suggested... one at a time etc...

Back