Windows 7 COM surrogate is not responding

Abanish

i was watching photos from its default image viewer, with some music playing in windows media player, and then i tried to close the image viewer, it cant be closed and display "Not Responding" for image viewer and display "COM surrogate problem".Plus in the same moment i cant shutdown my laptop,it get stuck when it display logging off.............

somebody plz help me out..

thank you in advance.

Hi Abanish,
I am also having the same issue. After some googling found out that its a bug with KIS 2011 V11.0.1.400 and COM surrogate Service.
Please Reffer the link below :

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hope that helps

~~~Junu~~~

KIS 2011 Bug. Need to wait till they rel a Patch update.
Till then try this

go to settings in Kapersky - application control - applications - microsft - scroll down to com surrogate - double click - go to exclusions - and tick box for do not monitor activity- ok all the boxes and apply .

I thought this would cure my identical problem until I remembered I had uninstalled KIS to test out Microsoft Security Essentials. I searched MSE to find a comparable setting without success, I also could not find any KIS residual gremlins from the uninstall. The problem has been intermittent and easily cured by rebooting until today when it has been persistent and troublesome.
This is a Compaq6720s laptop running WIN7.
Chris

Have you checked the Event Viewer to see if any Error or Warning messages are showing up concerning the situation?

You might open msconfig.exe to see if the Startup tab contains anything that might look like a Kaspersky leftover.

I thought this would cure my identical problem until I remembered I had uninstalled KIS to test out Microsoft Security Essentials. I searched MSE to find a comparable setting without success, I also could not find any KIS residual gremlins from the uninstall. The problem has been intermittent and easily cured by rebooting until today when it has been persistent and troublesome.
This is a Compaq6720s laptop running WIN7.
Chris

Have you checked the Event Viewer to see if any Error or Warning messages are showing up concerning the situation?

You might open msconfig.exe to see if the Startup tab contains anything that might look like a Kaspersky leftover.

Problem with event viewer is that there is too much of it and I can't tell which ones matter. I have attached (I hope) four extracts from event viewer, two concerned with COM, one on problem loading "Lbd" on start up.

Had a look through start up and nothing is related to KIS.

Ran Uniblue registry booster and it reported hundreds of errors (but then it would) which it 'fixed' and problem seems to have gone away.

Chris

Attachments

• 20110507 COM event report.JPG
    20110507 COM event report.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 460
  • 20110507 Distributed COM error message.JPG
    20110507 Distributed COM error message.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 579
  • 20110507 Lbd failed to load messages.JPG
    20110507 Lbd failed to load messages.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 462
  • 20110507 event log kernel-event.JPG
    20110507 event log kernel-event.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
You need to double click on the first error message of each group and get the details. The other information is relevant.

The Kernel Power is probably a result and not a cause. The DCOM 10016 I have seen before but it never caused any shutdown problems, but I need to know the APPID and other information.

Edit: The Lbd entry seems to be related to Lavasoft Ad-aware..are you running that?

Last edited:
Saltgrass,
thanks for your support, I am overwhelmed by the complexity of the event viewer and will need more specific directions to get the information you need.

LavaSoft Adaware is installed. I have not started it recently (in 8 weeks) but it might have an automatic monitoring function.

Problem has not recurred yet.

Chris

You need to double click on the first error message of each group and get the details. The other information is relevant.

The Kernel Power is probably a result and not a cause. The DCOM 10016 I have seen before but it never caused any shutdown problems, but I need to know the APPID and other information.

Edit: The Lbd entry seems to be related to Lavasoft Ad-aware..are you running that?

The event viewer is actually very easy. Open it up so you see the errors and warnings. The first line will tell you how many errors have been encountered. If you click the + sign, it will expand and you can look for the error numbers on specific events. Double click that event and you will see the full explanation. I would need the entire message to include probably 2 CLSID numbers.

Your attachments show the Lava Soft driver (Lbd) is not being loaded. Do not know if this is a real problem, but you might check Ad-aware and see if there is a setting to not start at boot.

Attached are two views of one COM event, is one of these the 'entire message' you refer to? Should I look for other types of event and send information?
Last event was on 7th which is good news.
Checked Lavasoft Adaware and I must have uninstalled it some time ago when I was trying to minimise start up programs using Soluto software as Adaware is not now listed in start up or programs. Will look in uninstall to see if any remnants are listed.
Chris

20110510 COM event report 2.JPG20110510 COM event report 1.JPG
The event viewer is actually very easy. Open it up so you see the errors and warnings. The first line will tell you how many errors have been encountered. If you click the + sign, it will expand and you can look for the error numbers on specific events. Double click that event and you will see the full explanation. I would need the entire message to include probably 2 CLSID numbers.

Your attachments show the Lava Soft driver (Lbd) is not being loaded. Do not know if this is a real problem, but you might check Ad-aware and see if there is a setting to not start at boot.

I can find one of the CLSIDs listed as an HP All-in-one printer and found a site discussing the problem.

Re: Win 7 Printer Detection - Photosmart 3310 problem - HP Support Forum

I cannot find any reference to the {10DA4F3c-....} number, so you may have to search your registry for what it is, since it does not have the identifier on my system.

What happed to me was I installed an Epson all-in-one wireless printer. It used the PnP-x system to set itself up. To do that it needed the IPBusEnum to be started. For some reason the permissions were not such that it could do what was required. I had to go into the registry, take ownership of the primary IPBusEnum entry and give myself permission to change the permissions in the Component Services dialog box.

The 10016 error itself does not seem to be a priority for Microsoft, but if it is causing a problem on your system, and it did not on mine, you may need to find a solution. If you do not want to get involved in editing the Registry, we might have to look for another solution if necessary.

If you can't find out where the Ad-aware instance is starting, you can download a program from a Microsoft Division called SysInternals. They have a program called Autoruns that should list what is starting it up. If you download it, right click on the download and properties and see if there is an "Unblock" button and press it. If it is listed, make note of where it is being started from.

Back
Top Bottom