Computer having troubles starting up and shutting down.

My computer has been acting up the past few months and I've fixed a lot of problems already, from constant freezing to not booting.

About two weeks ago my computer hasn't been shutting down correctly. When I choose shut down, it shuts down, but a few seconds after being off, it restarts. About 75% of the time when I choose shut down, it restarts. I don't get any error messages, or even the "windows did not shut down properly". It just acts if its being restarted.

Today for the first time, I powered up my computer. It would start the fans and all the start up steps, but a few seconds after my BIOS splash screen appears, the computer shuts off, then trys to start up again. It kept going from starting to stopping, then restarting for about five minutes, then it finally stayed up.

What issue would this be? I don't want to shut my computer down again incase if it won't boot.

AMD 8300 8core
GTX 1050 ti
16gb ddr3 ram
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
400W power supply

UPDATE:
Something odd happened today when using my computer. My computer became unresponsive (Media still played) and i could still use my mouse. When i clicked my mouse button a single beep came from my speakers, when i let go of the mouse button it would beep again. It kept beeping if i used my mouse. After about three minutes of being unresponsive, it went back to normal.
Again, nothing in event viewer. Ive had soo many problems with my PC, all diffrent and the problems usally stop happening after a month, then a new problem arises. Could it be that my motherboard is going out? Ive upgraded ram, gpu, and storage. My PSU seems fine, i cant think of anything else.

Could it be that my motherboard is going out? Ive upgraded ram, gpu, and storage. My PSU seems fine, i cant think of anything else.

Maybe it is related to one of the components you have upgraded. Honestly, you would need to replace each one at a time to see which is causing the problem (if any of them is the cause).

Maybe it is related to one of the components you have upgraded. Honestly, you would need to replace each one at a time to see which is causing the problem (if any of them is the cause).
I've been slowley upgrading my PC to get rid of these issues, so the only thing that can be left is the PSU, motherboard or cpu

List your system specs in full, lets see if we can get to the bottom of this for you.

List your system specs in full, lets see if we can get to the bottom of this for you.
Thanks again nmsuk. You've tried to help me before on a few different threads. Seems like I'm getting a new issue like once a month lmao. I don't have tons and tons of money to throw into a new system, otherwise i wouldve already done that.

Attachments

• DESKTOP-9GESDGI.txt
    151 KB · Views: 190
First thing I'd upgrade to the latest build 1809 and then do the updates that come after that. Then we can go through your drivers and make sure they're all on the latest.

I updated to the latest windows version. Its not like I was multiple versions behind or anything.
I updated my GPU driver, and my ssd was up to date, along with my other stuff.
My CPU driver is version 10.0.17134.1, from 4/21/2009. When i click "update driver" it says its up to date already.

Nope, it turns on. Few second later the BIOS splash, then turns off. Rinse and repeat.
My computer isn’t responding to any of the function keys either, so I’m completely locked out...

So the machine physically turns off?
Yes. I press the power button to turn it on, after a few seconds the Bios screen flashes for about a second, then the computer turns off. It’s off for about a half second then it turns it’s self back on, repeats the cycle.

I’ve tested off of diffrent boot drives. I’ve reseated RAM, traded the ram on diffrent slots and independently. I tried with a diffrent GPU. Tried starting it with no input/output devices plugged in.

I've been slowley upgrading my PC to get rid of these issues, so the only thing that can be left is the PSU, motherboard or cpu

As far as I know if the CPU gets hot the computer will turn off. Maybe the thermal paste is old or the CPU fan is not working properly.

Also, you can check the PSU as in the video tutorial:

As far as I know if the CPU gets hot the computer will turn off. Maybe the thermal paste is old or the CPU fan is not working properly.

Also, you can check the PSU as in the video

The thermals are fine, I monitored them before my computer bit the dust, the fans work.

I’m leaning towards the motherboard rather than PSU. I’ve had random freezes and other issues for the past few months. I’ll check the PSU if my motherboard is fine.

Back