Windows 7 Computer randomly restarts - driving me crazy - files provided to help diagnose

livejamie

My computer is an Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core machine running Windows 7 32bit (Was having some problems with some programs when running the 64 bit version) with a GeForce 9800 GT.

All my drivers are current, and other than this - everything seems fine.

It won't bluescreen, it just turns off - it's random. I can be just word processing, or watching a video, it doesn't seem to do it during anything specific. Sometimes it will go days without the problem, sometimes it happens twice in a few hours.

I've even enabled the bluescreen option, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Upon reboot it then gives me this message:

--

Code:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
    OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID:	1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode:	124
    BCP1:	00000000
    BCP2:	86975024
    BCP3:	00000000
    BCP4:	00000000
    OS Version:	6_1_7600
    Service Pack:	0_0
    Product:	256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\112910-25630-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Jamie\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-34023-0.sysdata.xml

--

I've uploaded the files it mentions along with a DxDiag.txt here.

I'm not really familiar with advanced computer hardware at all. I can install a video card, or replace RAM, etc. But I don't know how to diagnose this. It'd be nice if somebody can help me narrow down the problem. I don't want to have to result to taking it to the Geek Squad or something. :(

Thanks so much for your time!

Hey there, welcome.

Heh, I've been doing this for a really long time and not once ever in history have I ever seen a machine with all drivers current. Not a single one.
Anyhow, I'll be glad to check on it for ya if you could attach the crash dump(s) after zipping them, to a post.

Straight off, 0x124 errors are not very good because they mean hardware. In the meantime, you'll be best off updating the motherboard bios to newest.

Hey there, welcome.

Heh, I've been doing this for a really long time and not once ever in history have I ever seen a machine with all drivers current. Not a single one.
Anyhow, I'll be glad to check on it for ya if you could attach the crash dump(s) after zipping them, to a post.

Straight off, 0x124 errors are not very good because they mean hardware. In the meantime, you'll be best off updating the motherboard bios to newest.

Thanks for your response. How do I update my motherboard BIOS?

Files attached:

View attachment WER-34023-0.sysdata.xmlView attachment 112910-25630-01.dmpView attachment DxDiag.txt

Very ironically, I would not be very surprised here if Soluto is causing the issues, which is intended to actually fix things lol:

About Soluto | Soluto

Brief research shows it is a known cause of bsods. Uninstall it and see if it helps any.

Anyhow otherwise, I can't only see ~15% of the drivers due to the type and way it crashed.

Very ironically, I would not be very surprised here if Soluto is causing the issues, which is intended to actually fix things lol:

About Soluto | Soluto

Brief research shows it is a known cause of bsods. Uninstall it and see if it helps any.

Anyhow otherwise, I can't only see ~15% of the drivers due to the type and way it crashed.

The problems started before Soluto, but I can uninstall it - but I imagine it's something hardware related.

Back