Windows 10 Computer stuck on Keyboard Layout Page

WForward

I need some help. Once I was running disk cleanup, when the screen froze. I tried restarting it, but now it keeps taking me to keyboard layout and I can't move the mouse.

Can someone please give me a simple step by step method on how to fix? I looked up all the others but they seemed to be easier said than done. I need to know what I need to do, how to do it and how to make sure it works.

If anyone can do that, I would be very grateful..

Last edited:
I tried starting the computer 3 times, but no matter what, it always takes me to keyboard layout. I even tried using f11 to go to system restore, but it said there were no restore points.

Last edited:
If you just force reboot the computer a few times during the Windows logo it should say please wait under the logo and automatically go to the advanced start up menu and you should be able to get to the system restore option

I forced restart a couple of times, but it still shows me that frozen keyboard layout page.

Does anyone know how I can fixed a "frozen keyboard layout page after disk clean up" kind of problem?

Has anyone ever came a across this issue and have managed to fix it?

I am just really worried right now.

I've tried everything:

USB Installation, but it won't lead me to the USB stick.
Forcing the restart via button.
Pressing F8, but that does nothing
System restore settings via F12, but it said there were no restore points and system recovery settings do nothing.

Someone please give a solution to solve this mess, because I don't want to reset it to factory settings and remove all of my files. I'm also worried that if I send it away to be repaired, it would remove the files too.

Someone please, please, please help me :(.

If there are no restore points you'll need to do a re-install of Windows as it's likely there is some corruption in the HKLM registry hive. You should be able to reinstall Windows with the "Keep programs and data" option. If the system won't detect the usb drive to install it's likely the usb drive/bios are in not agreement

You need to check in BIOS/UEFI how your system boots. If it's legacy or hybrid then the USB should boot however it's created (assuming it was created correctly) If it's set to boot EFI/Secure boot the the usb needs to be partitioned GPT.

Easiest way to sort this part out.

If when the computer starts to boot if you see the Windows logo it's booting legacy. If instead you see the computer manufacturer logo it's booting EFI.

Download the Windows ISO and rufus on another computer
If the later logo is seen when booting select GPT/EFI in rufus otherwise select MBR/Legacy
Select the ISO file and press start

Scratch that, in fact scratch everything. I've managed to do it the usb way and it's fine now. Previous files were moved to windows.old, so I can just copy all of that, reinstall applications and maybe change a few settings. Programs file were unharmed so everything is fine now.

Thanks for the help anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom