Windows 7 Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 Audio Card Problems

joelstitch

I have a HP Pavilion dv6629us with Windows 7 32bit installed (it came with Vista originally). A few months ago I notice that the BIOS was outdated so I went to the HP website for the drivers of my laptop and downloaded the new BIOS. After that my computer haven't been charging and it doesn't detect the audio driver. If I go to Device Manager there's no Sound and Audio section and on Other Devices it shows 2 Base System Device and Compressor with a yellow triangle. I forced installed the Conexant driver for my computer on one of the Base System Devices but still the audio doesn't work. Also after the BIOS update my video card crashes every once in a while, the computer makes beeping noises sometimes and it takes A LONG TIME for the computer to shutdown or restart.

It seems like somebody had the same issue on Link Removed - Invalid URL but didn't post a solution.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,912
Looks like the hp website has no driver support for your pavilion using windows 7 but I would expect the vista driver to work - have you tried the vista drivers from here for the audio:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I found this....it says it's for windows 7 both bit versions.

I forgot to mention that sometimes when I turn on the computer the audio works for a few minutes and the it goes away. I just got a USB audio adapter so for now that works but I would love to fix the audio issue.

When the audio works the Device Manager shows Conexant High Definition SmartAudio HD2 under Sound, Video and game controllers.

Documentation of No audio device installed on HP DV6699us( may be More others)

Please this is my own Findings for about 6 month and you can try it at your own risk.

Hello I know there are more than a million people out there with this same problem that I encountered.
First of all, before encountring this problem I upgraded to the newer version of the BIOS from HP

I downloaded the very first version ie F.06 and then runed it.(be careful flushing your BIOS or You will Brick your Computer).

just press enter key on your Keyboard if don't see an input on Screen.

After reboot I took this process ( I had a blue screen but at the second I booted normally and it was fine)
Prior to the following I booted to the BIOS Setup and disable Floopy and CD Drive at boot time moved the notebook harddrive to first.

1. Right click computer (at the start menu)>properties>Advanced system settings>Enviromental variables

2. At the sytem variable section below click New > then at the variable name enter "devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices"
the variable value is 1. please no quote marks.

3. Device manager> system devices> uninstall the PCI bus. windows will installed all again automatically.( Don't reboot Device)

4. At the device manager > sound,video controller> uninstall all device under the link whether active or greyed out.

5. start menu> shutdown. As soon as you hit down, PRESS AND HOLD CTRL+ALT+DELETE+ESC untill the device completely shutdown.
( disconnect you device from the internet from searching the driver)

6. Power on the device (after few waiting time) PRESS AND HOLD CTRL+ALT+DELETE+ESC until it boot through BIOS to windows.

7. If this went right high definition audio driver Will be installed and I believe you will have sound. I did not upgrade the Driver for the audio.

8. I disablled a couple device of things at the device manager. you can see my Screen Shots.

Hope this helps all the best.

Untitled2 - Copy.pngUntitled2 - Copy.pngUntitled3.png

Back
Top Bottom