Windows 7 Configuring a Firewalls Blocked Program's Exception List

Veruca Salt

Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but i was wondering if anyone could help me configure my firewall settings.

I want to block a program from allowing IP's from accessing my computer. The program is a virtual world, i want to block ALL IP's, apart from the ones i need to to connect to the program with. This is possible? The thing is, i made a blocking rule, but i can't seem to locate where to add exceptions.

I can't just make a rule and define which IP's i wish to block, because i don't know what those IP's are, i only know which ones i want to allow. I hope that's clear enough of an explanation.

Appreciate any help.

Over a hundred views and not one person knows how? I guess i'm not the only one who can't figure it out.

Do you mean Windows 7 Firewall ?

I want to block a program from allowing IP's from accessing my computer. The program is a virtual world, i want to block ALL IP's, apart from the ones i need to to connect to the program with. This is possible? The thing is, i made a blocking rule, but i can't seem to locate where to add exceptions.

I am not sure it is possible with Windows 7 Firewall. To block a program (like a virtual machine) on all ports but one specified ?

1. To add a new inbound rule :

Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound Rules -> New Rule

Link Removed - Invalid URL

2. To add programs :

Firewall -> Settings -> Exceptions Tab:

firewallexceptions.jpg

Well, i want to access a program, which is a virtual world. Okay, so, while logged into this virtual world, there will be lots of IP's trying to access my system, some i need(to actually log into the virtual world), and i know what those specific IP's are, most are unrelated and i don't need, like media streams and such(those ones i don't know, but still wish to block).

So, what i want to do is just block, or make a rule, for the entire program(the virtual world), then add a list of accepted IP's that can access my system from said program. Making a rule to block the program is easy enough, but how do i add a list of accepted IP's for it?

Maybe it can't be done via Win7 firewall... i may have to use an outside program. Any help is appreciated.

Have you checked the program you seem to be running for a way to block or allow individual access?

Is this the kind of thing you can allow by a user name or some other identifier, or is it strictly IP address?

I am not the expert here for this, or even that experienced with such a thing, but you might check for some type of network traffic monitoring program that will tell you what IP address your computer is connected to.

Back
Top Bottom