Windows Vista connecting two computers with different windows versions

carl626

hello there

I am a complete beginner with vista, i have a desktop computer running xp, and a laptop running vista.
they are both on a wireless connection, connecting to a bt homehub 2.0 .

I am interested how you would connect them together, to form a home network.
I do not know which is best, to buy another printer for the laptop or share the printer with the desktop , the desktop would be the main computer or "host" computer.:)

I thought you might like this article it has some very good tips: Link Removed - Invalid URL

xp and vista printer network

hello, i have a desktop running vista home premium and a laptop running xp proffesional. have a printer (hp psc 1510) connected to the desktop, have just got broadbandso we have a nifty wee router/modem thingy, so ive hooked the laptop and desktop into the back of it, internet works fine on both, am trying to print stuff from the laptop off using the hp printer (connected to the desktop) via the network, when i go into the network bit on the vista desktop i can see the laptop and look at the printers installed on it, but when i go into networks on the xp laptop i cant see the vista comp anywhere,
have tryed adding a network printer but it doesnt work,
as for some reason the xp laptop cant "see" the vista comp thats running the printer,

any help would be great
thanks

Back