Windows 7 connection is instable

yomama

Okay this is getting ridiculous, this is a new computer with window 7 home premium 64 bit. I've had it for a couple of months and when i got it i installed a linksys wireless-G PCI adpater (WMP54G). I have a linksys wireless router (wrt54g) with the latest firmware. My connection is very unstable, its always been like this but the last few days its been very annoying. When I'm web browsing the pages load fast, but open slow. So basically the connection is kinda unresponsive. When I'm on AIM I am constantly disconnected and sometimes it takes 20 minutes to sign back it, because it keeps failing. Anybody know what could be causing this?

I have tried changing the frequency of the signal, updated my router. This problems comes and goes, like right now my connection is fine, it is the way it should be. But sometimes it just gets ridiculous. Could it have anything to do with the router being overloaded? We have 5 computers that are usually being used around the house and a ps3. So 6 connections max at once. My firewall is definitely not the problem, i have turned it off, and even changed to multiple ones. Can someone please help, this is realyl bugging me.

According to this, your card is not listed on the compatibility list http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Linksys%20802.11g%20PCI%20Wireless%20Network%20Adapter&v=Linksys&uid=WMP54G&pf=5&pi=27&c=Networking&sc=Wireless%20Network%20Cards&os=32-bit
And according to this the router is not listed for 64bit compatibility Windows 7 Compatibility Linksys Linksys BroadBand 54Mbps 802.11g 4Port Wireless Router
I have personally tested that specific router on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and while it did work the performance was terrible, the radio itself seems to be weak, so if you're too far away it acts badly and if you add encryption on top of that it seems to make it worse. So maybe some more robust networking hardware would be a good approach.

okay now my microsoft teredo tunneling adapter has an error: cannot start up, code 10. What is up with that?

Back
Top Bottom