Windows 10 Constant BSOD in win10

hitmarker

About a month ago I started getting constant BSODs from watching youtube videos to gaming and I can't find what is causing them, tried running memtest for 10 hours, it got 0 errors. Today I found out that running OCCT gets me to BSOD after a couple of minutes. I ran it a couple of times to get a few more dump files.

PC SPECS: i7-6700k, Corsair Lpx 3200 ddr4, 980ti g1 gaming, Z170-a, Coolermaster v750 power supply

Temps are great, so its not that. I do have a 4.6 OC on the cpu, but that has been running for a year now and it hasn't been a problem. I will try to update the bios later in the day. I suspected it was drivers, so I updated the most important ones, and still no luck. I don't understand much about dump files and it's driving me crazy, so I'd be glad if someone could help out.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• W7F_24-06-2016.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 290
  • CPU-Z.rar
    9.2 KB · Views: 258
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800aa02d6f9, ffffd0002156a360, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys
Probably caused by : aswMonFlt.sys ( aswMonFlt+2569 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
please stop the overclock and return to default values until the culprit is found. This is so we can rule out that the overclock isn't causing these issues and you can overclock again as soon as we are done.
most of the dump files were bugcheck 3B which can be caused by gpu drivers using corrupt data as well as a faulty system service.
The dump file above has Avast as a probable cause:
Code:
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING:  km:0x3b_aswmonflt+2569

aswMonFlt.sys Mon Apr 25 12:38:58 2016: Avast AV Suite. This is known on occasion to cause the odd issue and we ask that you remove Avast and just use the on board Defender.

You also have drivers which need either updating or removing:

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 10:54:47 2012: Asus PCProbe Utility

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring, software related.
Z170-A - Support

cpuz137_x64.sys Mon Aug 11 14:27:34 2014:

cpuz139_x64.sys Wed Jan 27 09:18:15 2016:
The above drivers look like CPU-Z? If there's no reason for keeping both versions then please remove one.

nvlddmkm.sys Mon May 09 23:56:41 2016: Nvidia GPU driver. Please remove using the Display Driver Uninstaller which will also remove anything else left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V16.0.0.2 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

You will need to boot into safe mode to use the DDU properly.

Once the driver has been removed and your back in Windows install the latest Whql driver:
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

SaiBus.sys Tue Apr 16 18:17:23 2013: Saitek Magic Bus driver please update:
Drivers and Sofware for Saitek Pro Flight Sim Products | Saitek.com

WinRing0x64.sys Thu May 02 03:19:47 2013: Many different programs that center around the using of the WinRing libraries (RealTemp, Corsair Link2 (known BSOD issues w/Win8), Razer GameBooster, Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, Fusiontweaker (Google Code), etc).
Now I'm not saying this is the culprit but if the bsod continues we may have to come back to it but for now this is just information only.

BiosVersion = 1302
BiosReleaseDate = 11/09/2015
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = Z170-A

The latest bios available stands at version 1801 and contains a few stability updates:
Z170-A - Support

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

See how you go after making the above changes and running those scans.

Post any new dump files.

Hi, first thanks a ton! Secondly, I already tried dism and sfc and had to download a Windows iso and mount it, it cleared some stuff but not most, I really hope you are getting that because of the older dmp files. I did update the bios and removed the OC, ran OCCT that would usually bsod after a few minutes but this time nothing. So far a whole day has passed and no bsod. So about the nvidia drivers, I always use ddu, I guess it's one of the ''good'' drivers nvidia is spewing out these days... I will work more on the PC tomorrow.
Thank you very much, have a great day! :)

Hi,
your very welcome and thank you for the update! Any problems then please post again.. :)

Back