Windows 7 Coprocessor driver not found

Nilsb7

Extraordinary Member
Hi guys,
I installed Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 (from official windows site, but i got a windows key from a friend of mine ^^) a couple of months ago, its all working fine.
I recently installed the Windows 7 drivers available at Nvidia.com for my Nvidia 9500GT and got a noticable FPS boost.
Today when I was just browsing some stuff i noticed that I had 2 driver errors:

USB Camera <-- old thing, bought it years ago, so screw that xD
Coprocessor <-- No further information given o_O

so I tried to use the troubleshoot thing by rightclicking on my computer (with the yellow sign next to it :( ) and clicked Troubleshoot. It tried to reinstall the coprocessors drivers, but couldn't find earlier drivers so it failed.

so now is my question: What the hell is my coprocessor? :confused: Could it be the onboard Nvidia geforce 7050? I personally doubt it becouse when installing Windows 7 it showed it had downloaded the WMD drivers from windows update for the 7050 and the 9500...
more system specs in my profile ;]

Any usefull help is appreciated ^^
Nilsb/PACMAN

use the SMU (chipset) drivers for the coprocessor from your motherboard manufacturers site , using vista 64 or 32 bit depending what version of win7 you have installed ;)

use the SMU (chipset) drivers for the coprocessor from your motherboard manufacturers site , using vista 64 or 32 bit depending what version of win7 you have installed ;)
I agree with ickymay. Mobo drivers are what you need. I had the same thing on my HP Tablet when I install Win 7 64 bit

I agree with ickymay. Mobo drivers are what you need. I had the same thing on my HP Tablet when I install Win 7 64 bit

Oh yes, i have the 64 bit version to.

Why can't I install the Windows 7 driver on the mobo chipset? :confused:
GeForce Release 181

So you guys say that I should install this driver?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista64_15.26.html
Do I have to run the file in Compability mode? (Seen that on another site :rolleyes:)

And why do I even need to install any drivers for that ****** worthless crappy onboard thing? I thought it isn't for anything because I choose the PCI-e option instead of Onboard in boot menu. Or is this because I choose to Share memory (or something like that)? :confused:

By the way, thank you for the quick reply :D

Nilsb7/PACMAN

Edit: Ok, ehm I started the Vista64 driver for my onboard card(not in compability mode or whatsoever) and now it asks what I wan't it to install.
Options:
1. NVIDIA-beeldschermstuurprogramma | NVIDIA-graphicdrivers <-- The ones I've been looking for? : D

2. NVIDIA-SMU stuurprogramma | NVIDIA-SMU drivers <-- what is an SMU? Wikipedia says that an SMU is: "
System management unit a subsystem in Apple computers replacing the older Power Management Unit." But I doubt that that is true because I definitly do NOT have an Apple o_O

3. NVIDIA-Away Mode Driver | NVIDIA-Away Mode Driver <-- dunno where that is for either o_O

Wich options should I choose to install?

Edit2: Oh **** The answer to what's an SMU is in your reply *slams head against wall*
I'm now installing all of it, so I checked all three options

Last edited:
Oh yes, i have the 64 bit version to.

Why can't I install the Windows 7 driver on the mobo chipset? :confused:
GeForce Release 181

So you guys say that I should install this driver?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista64_15.26.html
Do I have to run the file in Compability mode? (Seen that on another site :rolleyes:)

And why do I even need to install any drivers for that ****** worthless crappy onboard thing? I thought it isn't for anything because I choose the PCI-e option instead of Onboard in boot menu. Or is this because I choose to Share memory (or something like that)? :confused:

By the way, thank you for the quick reply :]

Nilsb7/PACMAN

Edit: Ok, ehm I started the Vista64 driver for my onboard card(not in compability mode or whatsoever) and now it asks what I wan't it to install.
Options:
1. NVIDIA-beeldschermstuurprogramma | NVIDIA-graphicdrivers <-- The ones I've been looking for? : D

2. NVIDIA-SMU stuurprogramma | NVIDIA-SMU drivers <-- what is an SMU? Wikipedia says that an SMU is: \"
System management unit a subsystem in Apple computers replacing the older Power Management Unit.\" But I doubt that that is true because I definitly do NOT have an Apple o_O

3. NVIDIA-Away Mode Driver | NVIDIA-Away Mode Driver <-- dunno where that is for either o_O

Wich options should I choose to install?

Edit2: Oh **** The answer to what's an SMU is in your reply *slams head against wall*
I'm now installing all of it, so I checked all three options

Okey, I just installed it and let my PC restart (the setup asked for it) but the problem apparently still isn't solved
Link Removed due to 404 Error

What should I do now?

Okey, I just installed it and let my PC restart (the setup asked for it) but the problem apparently still isn't solved
Link Removed due to 404 Error

What should I do now?

skip that driver and try the GeForce Release 181 that you found ;)

trick with any beta is keep trying drivers until you get one that works :)

skip that driver and try the GeForce Release 181 that you found ;)

trick with any beta is keep trying drivers until you get one that works :)

well I already have that driver installed... but it looks like it only works for the GF9500 =/
or does anyone know away to install the windows 7 drivers on the chipset?
maybe changing the boot menu setting to Onboard --> install driver --> change it back to pci-e ?

well I already have that driver installed... but it looks like it only works for the GF9500 =/
or does anyone know away to install the windows 7 drivers on the chipset?
maybe changing the boot menu setting to Onboard --> install driver --> change it back to pci-e ?

The coprocessor error flag (? or ! on an yellow background) is often from an interference to your CPU coprocessor functionality from an incompatible or conflicting videocard driver or Motherboard BIOS. Since you have 2 Video adapters in your system (an integrated Video adapter and an Add -on PCIE Video card) you have to consider conflict from 3 sources in your troubleshoot. Check your MoBo documentation for any CMOS setup that you can configure to disable your Onboard Video adapter in the BIOS Seup. If that is possible ,disable and save [don't forget to Enable your PCI/PCIE ]and reboot and check DM > Display adapter to make sure you have only your desired adapter and the "Coprocessor" yellow flag has gone away.

If problem persists, Restart in Safe Mode using F8 taps and go to DM and Disable [ Don't uninstall] your onboard Video and on reboot if prompted to install a driver after "New Hardaware detected" click Cancel.
See if that fixes the issue.

Make sure you have installed the Correct Video card driver [VISTA driver for your Windows 7 (x32 or X64 as the case may be) ]for your PCIE Video card to run in compatibilty mode as Win7 Beta has no "dedicated" video driver for your card yet.

Finally Consider MoBO BIOS Update if they have any to improve its functionality or remedy known pproblems

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thank you very much cmn!
I'll definitely try your methods but it might take a while because I got some exams coming up...
I'll tell you if it worked (or not :p )

Thank you very much cmn!
I'll definitely try your methods but it might take a while because I got some exams coming up...
I'll tell you if it worked (or not :p )

Good luck in your oncoming Exams Nilsb! This computer exercise can definetely wait while your grey cells are being used for a much better purpose:)

Good luck in your oncoming Exams Nilsb! This computer exercise can definetely wait while your grey cells are being used for a much better purpose:)

Finally, I got some time for my PC :p
without searching through my BIOS I can say that there is no option to disable the onboard graphics card, but I do have the option to choose the primary graphic card (orsomething like that) and there I choose PCI-e, my 9500 obviously
so I dont think this option will work
im gonna try the other method

Finally, I got some time for my PC :p
without searching through my BIOS I can say that there is no option to disable the onboard graphics card, but I do have the option to choose the primary graphic card (orsomething like that) and there I choose PCI-e, my 9500 obviously
so I dont think this option will work
im gonna try the other method
I will be following your posts for any further input. :)

I will be following your posts for any further input. :)

Allright, I booted in safe mode, disabled the coprocessor in device manager, and rebooted
the exclamation thing has disappeared :D

well thank you very much cmn! ^^

looks like I can go on trying to solve my other problem, enabling SATA, but I guess ill have to start a new thread for that

Nilsb7/PACMAN

i have the same problem
i just got an AMD athlon X2 250 and working on a MSI mother board model k9n6pgm2-v
and have A Geforce 8600GTs
and same problem the coprocessor can't find driver
tried to install the one for the vista but it doesn't want to accept it
anyone have any ideas?
i have my on chip VGA disabled and still have the yellow flag

I swear ickymay...people like you are a gift from god for people like me. i'm 52 and i work in a computer shop and recently rebuilt a dv9815nr from pieces,changed to win 7 64, but had trouble with the coprocesser driver,....did as you suggested and it took right off and not a driver error to be found.didnt know what was smu,smbusdriver so it looked it up and it said install all 3 drivers,so i did and boy do i have a great laptop now or what........"extremely happy" thanks for your wisdom

I swear ickymay...people like you are a gift from god for people like me. i'm 52 and i work in a computer shop and recently rebuilt a dv9815nr from pieces,changed to win 7 64, but had trouble with the coprocesser driver,....did as you suggested and it took right off and not a driver error to be found.didnt know what was smu,smbusdriver so it looked it up and it said install all 3 drivers,so i did and boy do i have a great laptop now or what........"extremely happy" thanks for your wisdom
my pleasure and Its good to know Ive helped :cool:

Back
Top Bottom