Copy and paste issue in forum, always resets to no C and P?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Jul 3, 2012.

1. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

I have this issue resolved but I still wonder why it always resets to the wrong way.

I always have to click on the set mode to "What you see is what you get".

This wan't true until a few months ago.

This isn't a big issue now that I know what to do (it drove my crazy for a while) but I'm curious as to whether there is a way to set the default to "What you see is what you get".

Mike

2. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

Hi

I have this issue resolved but I still wonder why it always resets to the wrong way.

I always have to click on the set mode to "What you see is what you get".

This wan't true until a few months ago.

This isn't a big issue now that I know what to do (it drove my crazy for a while) but I'm curious as to whether there is a way to set the default to "What you see is what you get".

Mike

==============================================

Can't say what it is, but I just copied and pasted You. Seems to work here? Maybe it's Continental --- not trying to be funny.

3. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Hi

Ok, it works in "Source Mode but not in "What you see is what you get mode".

I just checked it before I started typing and it started in WYSIWYG mode.

Actually: I see that when I'm in What you see is what you get mode I can't Italicize, Underline or Bolden the type.

Actually: I see that when I'm in What you see is what you get mode I can't Italicize, Underline or Bolden the type.

The two lines above should look the same, but the bottom one was typed in "Source Mode" and the top line was typed in WYSIWYG.

I can't cut and paste or use the style tools when I'm in WYSIWYG Mode.

Well now that I have it figured out I just have to be sure I'm in the correct mode.

Copy: Paste: I just have to be sure I'm in the correct mode.

Mike