Windows 7 Copying multiple files with predefined list

Vladimius

Hello All,

I am looking for some script/program for Windows that allows to copy multiple files from one large directory to an isolated place on the hard drive. I have a list of exact file names I need to copy across (excel table), but the folder is ~1000 sheets and therefore search will take a while. I also need different sheets every month so it becomes a horrendous manual task. So basically the program/script should do 3 things:

Directory from: _____
Take list of files
Copy those files into directory to: _____

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks

Hi! Thanks a lot. I think you were right about the fact that I look for the search tool. I've downloaded few but now the minor issue is that they all search files 1 by 1. I need it to 43 files at once using the uploaded list and than copy those across. But thanks for the lead anyway!

Great! And to prove you the power of letting us know the solution: I finally started my own archive of solutions. The problem is, people only tell us "It's solved", if they even do that, but not how it was solved... And I, with a head as dense as a bird's nest... just don't remember. :rolleyes: Comes with age, probably... like increase in wisdom, or whatever, now I start to act strangely...

Back
Top Bottom