Windows 7 Crazy Ivan - My cursor has a mind of its own.

Happy

Hi Guys, I have just switched from a desk top running Vista to a laptop using Windows 7 Home Premium.

From day one the cursor, mouse or touch-pad has done its own thing, one minute its a scroll cursor and scrolls the window up and down or side to side, it will close/resize windows if I let it near the edges and open and or run progs etc if I allow it to hover over a selection point.

HELP, how do I turn it OFF! I am trying to get to grips with "7" but at this time I wonder if I can revert to Vista from my old desk top. It is imposable to concentrate when I spend most of my time checking that I am not allowing the cursor to hover over a button or get near a window edge.

I have searched for similar problems and have followed a number of threads from changing the hover delay time, selecting and de selecting items in the Make the Mouse Easier to Use, to some strange entries through regedit hotkeys.

This can not be the first post of this UDI cursor as it seems to be "set up" in Windows 7 but may or may not be editable to the user, ie me?

Any help or redirection to a previous thread would be a great help.

Attachments

• Samsung System Info.txt
    405.4 KB · Views: 1,157
Hi Kemical, thanks for the comeback, yes from the forums previous listing under mouse control, tried fast and slower, both in movement and double click. Tried extending the mouse hover in hot keys?

Would you think this is a Windows 7 or a Samsung control?, if it's windows straight out of the box, how do other newbies get on with it?

Playing Solitaire is murder ;-(

Last edited:
You could check the samsung website to ensure your running with all the latest bios/firmware updates ect. This page here: Support for R530 SAMSUNG
Is for the R530 as your txt file gave your lappie details as R530/R730 although see the screenshot as to how you can change for a different model..
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi Kemical,
Thanks for the information, I will log on to the manufactures site,Ta! for the link to Samsung, and checkout their download/updates.

Great forum so far, thanks Happy

Fingers crossed that you find a solution but please let me know either way.. :)

Hi Kemical,

Just got through to Samsung help desk, after a bit of push this press that finally regained control of the fly away cursor.

This was basically adjusting the mouse speed and button double click time, starting at the slowest and working the way up to the fastest setting my machine can handle without reverting to the old grab it without asking little B~~~~er that ruled the waves from out of the box.

I am sure you guys do not need me to list the actions required to get through the Control Panel to Mouse and then Cursor Speed etc. But I will if would help others with the same problem on the forum.

Just a thought whilst leaving this thread, is this sort of out of the box setting common to all manufactures or just Samsung????

Thanks for all the attention

Happy (at last)

Glad to hear you got it sorted and thank you for letting me know... :)

Back
Top Bottom