Windows 7 daily system updates..???

Muffadal Ansari

i have buyed a laptop with windows 7, i-5 processor 2nd generation.
i want to ask that whether it is necessary to install the updates recommended by windows in every 3-4 days of time.
generally these updates include

1.Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems

2.Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems.

and others ....
so is there any neccessity to install these updates or its ok without these updates

You never need a security update until just before you get hit....
You could go years w/out one and never get hit; but it is a gamble. Think of it this way.. Finding a hole in your security can of like finding a small hole in your row boat. You can ignore the hole and ignore the water. But what if you have two holes. Two holes let's more water into your boat and two missing security updates may mean more chances to be open to attack. For this reason some people set their updates to always and automatic. So all holes are plugged right away. If you are a little savvy and would like to check the updates then set it to either "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" OR "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them". If your kind of weak on computers then perhaps you should choose "Install update automatically". But once you get all the initial updates you should not need to check every 3 days. I sometimes ignore updates for a bit and it has never been a problem, but I am cautious and normally can tell when something is not quite right. But most people need to be more proactive in their defense.
However: In my years of IT, the biggest thing that has hit users are fake alert viruses. The "Fake Alert" is just an HTML popup until you click on it. Most of the victims that I have helped click the little X thinking that will remove it. The little x works great for normal programs, but not for fake alerts. If a Fake Alert pops up you ether have to do an End Task on it or Power cycle the PC to avoid installing the virus.
I hope this helps

Back