Windows 7 delete primary partition

yoshirocks

I creatrd a partition using Spotmau Partition Genius for backup until I could get an external hard drive. When I click the partition in the program ti says "Unallocated". I can't do anything with the partition and it is not visible in Windows. I would like to know how to delete it and create a logical partition. Please help me.

When you say its not visible in windows, do you mean windows explorer? In that case, click Start orb, then type "diskmgmt.msc" without quotes in the Search/Run box. In the window that opens can you see unallocated space?

I do mean Windows Explorer. The Disk manager would not open on my computer. I've given up on partitioning my hard drive.

When space on a drive shows as "unallocated" it means that it is not a partition at all - it is just unused space on the drive. The first thing you need to do is create a partition in that unallocated space - it will then show up.

Well, no partition program I used would let me create a partition there so I just assumed there was already a partition there.