Windows 7 delete primary partition

yoshirocks

I creatrd a partition using Spotmau Partition Genius for backup until I could get an external hard drive. When I click the partition in the program ti says "Unallocated". I can't do anything with the partition and it is not visible in Windows. I would like to know how to delete it and create a logical partition. Please help me.:(

When you say its not visible in windows, do you mean windows explorer? In that case, click Start orb, then type "diskmgmt.msc" without quotes in the Search/Run box. In the window that opens can you see unallocated space?

I do mean Windows Explorer. The Disk manager would not open on my computer. I've given up on partitioning my hard drive.

When space on a drive shows as "unallocated" it means that it is not a partition at all - it is just unused space on the drive. The first thing you need to do is create a partition in that unallocated space - it will then show up.

Well, no partition program I used would let me create a partition there so I just assumed there was already a partition there.

Back