Windows 7 Dell Printer 926 not working

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo! I'm chalking it up to downloading the driver, uninstalling the thing COMPLETELY from all possible locations, rebooting, then reinstalling. (And maybe a bit of prayer to the deity in charge of printers....) The unknown device has been present throughout the whole process, but doesn't seem to be harming anything. Thanks to all y'all for all of your great suggestions and sage advice! You're the best! Now I'm *really* in love with Windows 7! :) Lisa

Great. Glad it fixed the problem:) . Is Word giving u any prob?
Did u use the unknown ID program I suggested above . It's best to get rid any errors in DM.

I did, in fact, make quite the racket whooping and hollering in my joy over the printer. My roommate actually asked me what I was yelling about! =D I had no idea that there was a goddess of learning (and what a name!), but I think she's getting my business now, as I'm quite sure that she's in charge of printers as well! Lisa

I did, in fact, make quite the racket whooping and hollering in my joy over the printer. My roommate actually asked me what I was yelling about! =D I had no idea that there was a goddess of learning (and what a name!), but I think she's getting my business now, as I'm quite sure that she's in charge of printers as well! Lisa
If you are hungry for more knowledge go here to learn how to make you yelling sound musical :D==> Saraswati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you diagnsoe and treat the remaing Device Manager issue?

Hi, I am having this same problem but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver many times already. I'm not sure why the printer is still not working because the scanner and copier does work. I get the same error message saying that Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup. I've tried printing the test page as well as pages from Microsoft Word and from the internet. I've already spent a lot of time trying to fix this problem and now I'm considering buying a new printer! Right now I have Windows 7 on the Dell Inspiron E1405. I would really appreciate it if y'all have any other suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom