Desktop locking software

Johncoool

Extraordinary Member
Replacing Windows Lockscreen

I have several that work after unlock but I am looking for a replacement or some that can work on top of the Lockscreen. I have several that work that way with Android. Some Computer companies like Lenovo or Toshiba have programs that work by using the camera and unlocking on lock screen and it replaces the windows lock screen

It is possible that enterprises use such programs but I cannot find much information on the subject.

Please provide a list of softwares that can work in place of Windows lock screen.

You can't replace the lock screen AKA winlogon; however, many companies integrate with it to add additional security features. The part you're looking for is called GINA and that is what can be replaced.

Do you know programs that have used this feature with ready made software that I can use?

I don't have enough skill to make my own with the provided link.

Most are for enterprise security software solutions. None of them really alter the behavior of the lock screen other than security related features.

What exactly is your need? Most cost a fair amount of money and some require server appliances to work (thousands of dollars) they're not really intended for home use.

It is for home use. I will just check them out and see if any will be worth it.

I also like to expand my knowledge about security products.

I have a powerful free security USB solution that is similar to Yubico called raptor. It more like a project on Sourceforge but I am looking something for the lock screen.

I used to support IT during the days of XP in big companies but I never got the chance to try security programs.

Do you have other suggestions. Don't worry about the cost. I just want to know about them.

There was a good XP lock after login that still seems to be in use today.

But I want others.

For example Veriface by Lenovo replaces the Winlogon and unlock when it recognizes the face. Toshiba has a similar program.

So I am looking for something that works similar to those.

Windows has the option to enter pin or to click on certain areas on the picture of the lockscreen to unlock This is available for Win8.1.

That is a good tip!

Can you suggest others? Third party solutions?

Syskey password was removed from the upgraded WIndows 10 because of Scammer threats. Do you know of any alternatives?

Back